how fast do pug puppies grow?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how fast do pug puppies grow?

kirsty_samantha is offline New to the Village

Default how fast do pug puppies grow?

Hi,

I was just wondering how fast they grow because my little man who is 12 weeks seems to be tiny compared to other 12 week old pugs.

thanks for the help in advance :)

kobwes is offline Village Puppy

I think it depends on the pug. We got Kobe, and he was the biggest of the litter, and grew fairly quickly. Then we got Wesley, who to be honest, was the runt of his litter. He was TINY and we thought he'd always be that way. I never imagined he'd catch up, but he just carried on growing and now they're the same size. Wesley actually weighs more because he has filled out and is a lot stockier.

I think they carry on growing for at least a year. I wouldn't worry too much, I think they just grow at different rates. If you get concerned then you can always check with your vet next time you go :)

Enjoy him while he's tiny. They're so adorable at that age!

pedouard is offline Village Mayor

It really depends....I felt the same way when I came here in April....I got Phoebe at 9 weeks 2.6lbs, and she is now almost 6 months (August 14th ) and weighs 12lbs so it goes really fast. I have list of her weight from April til now (I was a bit anal) and if you want to discuss it further and know my #'s you can PM me, but add some pics and numbers and anyone would be more than glad to chime in.
    Last edited by pedouard; 08-02-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Phoebe-born-2/14/2013

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

Talos, at 8 weeks, was 1 lb. Yes, 450 grams of tiny puggy lady - she was one of a litter of 7, she was so very tiney she could fit in a shirt pocket. Now, at very nearly 8 months she's 11 lbs, and a lovely sized puggy girl :)

She grew very fast at first, doubling in size each fortnight for the first two months. So 450 went to 900 grams, then 1.8, then 3.6... and that tapered off to about 100 grams a week, which held steady until 5 kilograms, and this has been her weight for a month now.

emilina is offline Village Governor

Wow, I thought Pugsley was little at 8 weeks old but he was 2.2kg (4.8lb) which is massive compared to some of your puppies!

See, it's all dow to the pup :)

mieu is offline Village Senator

Hopefully you can see the link, but I kept all of Scootaloo's puppy photos in chronological order

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8368246&type=3

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, till the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Scootaloo's Page!

+ Reply to Thread