my 7 weeks old pug poops in sleep!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shaynapug

Thread: my 7 weeks old pug poops in sleep!

noah is offline New to the Village

Unhappy my 7 weeks old pug poops in sleep!

I have just bought a little pug and he poops while he os sleeping. Sometimes I have even seen him making sounds while sleeping.
    He poops yellow coloured semi-solid poop. I dont know why is that happening.

Collipops is offline Village Mayor

Hi Noah, 7 weeks is too young to be away from the mother and is it possible the pup is even younger? What does he eat? I would get him to a vet. What kind of situation has he come from?

amittiwari is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by noah View Post
    I have just bought a little pug and he poops while he os sleeping. Sometimes I have even seen him making sounds while sleeping.
    He poops yellow coloured semi-solid poop. I dont know why is that happening.
    Hi,

I can understand your situation. If you have just brought your baby, he might need sometime to adjust with the new environment and food(mine got cold). Pugs or I believe any dog wont poop in sleep because they sit in their position so you need to check if he has diarrhea or something. Try giving him cerelac (1 or 2 stage rice and veggie preferred) I gave it mine when she was of your baby's age.

Don't worry about him making sound in sleep, enjoy it and make habit of it. They make all type of funny and cute sound (specially the young ones) and snore more than grandmaa.

I am from New Delhi and my baby is 10 months now(brought her when she was 6-7 weeks old) so feel free to PM me for anything specific.

Amit

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I don't know the diseases that you have there.....

He's right at the age of coccidia ..an easy fix if caught early...deadly to a puppy (don't even know if an adult has it) if left alone.

Yellow poop at that age is not normal...unless you're feeding that color food.

Yes, you got your pup young.....but maybe that's what they do in your country!

The internet is a wonderful place.....BUT....we are not there...and cannot see this pup or it's poop! With a pup that young...a vet should be seen as a young pup can turn bad and pass within hours...unlike most older pugs. You do not have a lot of time to try different things until you KNOW that the pup is okay and only a vet can tell you that.

I have not had puppies that age poop in their sleep....their poops color should be normal.....Making noise and moving around in their sleep is normal for adults...but especially pups.....For a breeder.....if a pup up to 4 wks old is NOT moving around when they sleep ...you worry about there being something wrong!

Seeing this pup checked out and growing up to be a cute healthy adult!
    AmyR likes this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

+ Reply to Thread