First Time!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Time!

Brittaniemh is offline New to the Village

Default First Time!

Hi my name is Brittanie and I am new to Pugvillage! I have a soon to be six year old pug and his name is Waffles. I joined this forum because I share huge love of animals, pugs especially. I also joined because my little pug has a few health issues and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced these issues with their furry friend. For starters he has very sensitive skin when it comes to food. We have switched his food several times and he still seems to break out into little hives every now and then. We did have him on allergy pills for awhile which did help, but I didn't want him to be on pills forever so I didn't buy any more. I'm not sure if I should switch him over again, right now he is on the Blue Buffalo for sensitive stomachs. He also has a reoccurring rash on his inner thighs and under his paws. The rash gets really red and he starts to itch like a maniac! I'll give him some Benadryl and some Benadryl cream on his rash which does help him a lot, but I just don't understand where he could be getting this rash from. We took him to the vet awhile ago and they told us it was a fungus of some sort. If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced any of these symptoms with their own pug please let me know!!

JustChuck is offline Village Senator

Our first pug, Clancy, had food allergies that came out as skin problems. On advice from the vet, we switched him to a hypo-allergenic kibble from Hills that uses duck as the protein source, and never had any more trouble.
    Former dad to Murphy and Sparky

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Hello & to the village! Have you thought about switching him to raw?
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

Hi and welcome! Sorry your pup is having issues :(

+ Reply to Thread