Hi Guys, Im adopting a pug! Yay! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Hi Guys, Im adopting a pug! Yay!

Bobsarmpt is offline Village Puppy

Hi guys

We found out yesterday that Pugwelfare had a pug suited to us. Weve gone ahead with our adoption and our new family member will be joining us on friday.

He is a 1year old white pug.

Super excited, I have ordered everything for him that he may need. Bed, Crate, play pen, food, toys, lead, treats, cleaning supplies etc.

Just wondering does anyone have any advice on grooming items or other things we might need in the next few days?

We didnt expect such a young dog, so weve got our eyes on some local dog training classes to help us with him.

Eeek. So happy! <3
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Seliat like this.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

How wonderful.

A rubber zoom groom is something worth having on hand. It's gentle. At some stage you will need nail clippers and may as well have them to hand and start getting him used to you touching his paws and bringing the clippers close to his nails. Have you any idea on why he is being re-homed?

Training classes are a great idea and will also help him bond with you.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Bobsarmpt like this.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

A harness rather than a collar is best for Pugs so you will want to pick one up when you know what size he will need. Congrats on your new family member. Looking forward to pix of the homecoming.
    CSollers, Seliat and Bobsarmpt like this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Snifter View Post
    How wonderful.

A rubber zoom groom is something worth having on hand. It's gentle. At some stage you will need nail clippers and may as well have them to hand and start getting him used to you touching his paws and bringing the clippers close to his nails. Have you any idea on why he is being re-homed?

Training classes are a great idea and will also help him bond with you.

I believe its because his old family member(s) suffering with severe allergies, and no longer having as much time for him as they want.

Im some what surprised Its happened so quicky, Its pretty surreal. :)

What do you think about those electric nail files for pets? Are they any good? lol anything to make cutting pug nails easier especially after seeing some videos of some pugs loathing the experience.

Mom to Lucy is offline Village Admiral

We tried one of the nail dremel tools. Honestly, it wasn't much better than clippers, as you had to insert the nail through a hole in the guard, and if they jerked away, it would snag the nail. I just leave it to our vet's office... they charge $11 to trim nails, and I get a discount if I bring them both in at the same time.
    If you get him started with it early, he might learn to tolerate it.
    CSollers and Bobsarmpt like this.
    Christine Honorary Pug Parent. Wrangler of Bunny the crazy EP and Maverick the soon to be huge black Labrador. Mom to one human child, wife to a wonderful hubby, and entertained by a couple of fishies.
    Forever missing our Bugsy Francis - 04/13/05 - 05/24/17 and Lucy Loo - 10/13/2005 - 12/27/2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Lu Ci and Ri Ki View Post
    A harness rather than a collar is best for Pugs so you will want to pick one up when you know what size he will need. Congrats on your new family member. Looking forward to pix of the homecoming.
    I believe hes coming with a harness. We probably will size him up after a few weeks/ depending on the state of the harness and replace it if it needs replacing.

Thank you :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mom to Lucy View Post
    We tried one of the nail dremel tools. Honestly, it wasn't much better than clippers, as you had to insert the nail through a hole in the guard, and if they jerked away, it would snag the nail. I just leave it to our vet's office... they charge $11 to trim nails, and I get a discount if I bring them both in at the same time.
    If you get him started with it early, he might learn to tolerate it.
    Ah thats not very good! I was hoping they'd be a miracle tool to make life abit easier. I have no idea what the vets would charge, but we will be taking him for a general check up once we have him to make sure hes ok and healthy.

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Congratulations on your new member. Can't wait to see pictures of him. White pugs are very rare, you are very lucky.
    I just bought a new brush for the pugs, it is rubber with little nubs on one side that you use to brush and bath with. It worked amazing, got a lot of hair out and they loved the massage they were getting. I am sorry but I can't remember the name of it.
    Eeeeeek so excited for you.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Bobsarmpt like this.
    Pug Mom to Chester
    Zoey, Eddie and Roxie have moved on to the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by pugaddiction View Post
    Congratulations on your new member. Can't wait to see pictures of him. White pugs are very rare, you are very lucky.
    I just bought a new brush for the pugs, it is rubber with little nubs on one side that you use to brush and bath with. It worked amazing, got a lot of hair out and they loved the massage they were getting. I am sorry but I can't remember the name of it.
    Eeeeeek so excited for you.
    Thank you <3

To be honest we didnt have a preference when we were adopting, we would have been over joyed if she/he had been black or fawn. We were surprised when we got told they matched us with a white pug, our biggest concern was/ is that would him being white affect his health in a bad way etc, it was reassuring to know that pugwelfare had dealt with white pugs before, and the lady whos been dealing with our adoption is so great she was able to answer any questions we had about the initial concerns we had. I feel in good hands.

I'm just glad we were matched with a dog that suited our situation, and he can now be part of our little family.

One more day.... <3 :D im so excited
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Side note, when it comes to cleaning his face and wrinkles how do you guys suggest I go about that especially with the initial stages of him getting to know us and visa versa, and trust being built?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast