Hello new here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello new here

Ijumpoveru is offline New to the Village

Default Hello new here

Hello Everyone!
    My wife and I were owned by a beautiful girl Agatha for 12 years. Lost her 3 years ago and now our hearts are finally ready to be adopted by another pug.
    We have looked at rescuing and are still considering that but also looking for a new pup at the same time.
    I do have one question? Aside from going to a show how in the heck do you find a truly good breeder? I don't really trust what I find online. Even researched one from the AKC site that seemed shady. What to do?

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is online now Village Ya-Ya

Deleted. Posted in wrong thread.
    Last edited by Lu Ci and Ri Ki; 12-04-2016 at 09:13 PM.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Have you considered adopting? There are many Pugs in rescue in need of a good home.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Adela is offline Village Puppy

Hello Ijumpoveru,
    * I am also new here. In Spain it is not easy to find good breeders, and good ones do not have equal puppies available. So I followed the advice I found on this blog by a famous Mexican breeder. And so Gus came home. And we are delighted because he is gorgeous. He is a litter of private individuals. Are good advice to follow when we choose the puppy, whether it be a breeder or not. The article is in Spanish, but with the translator, I think it is understood. If not, in time, I'll translate it

Criadero PUG Vaztor: Como elegir un cachorro PUG

Annabellam is offline Village Mayor

Hi. Welcome. Sorry about Agatha.It is definitely not easy to find good breeders. You are right not everyone on the internet is reliable. Why i got Sammy from a rescue. Asking around for any recommendations from family or friends would help. I hope you get one soon.

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

So many Pugs needing homes if you decide to rescue here is a search in your area: pug rescue of pa - Bing
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Hi!

After losing a treasured old one, you may find that a rescued one might be a good option for you, but I can understand if you're feeling that you want to start again with your own new puppy.

The really important thing is to ensure that the parents of the puppy have both been fully health tested. I'm thinking of hemivertabrae, hip scored, patella, PKD, PDE etc to give the puppy the best chance of not inheriting a genetic condition. Here in the UK some of the better breeders are even doing further screening on the parents now for thyroid, liver, kidney and heart too.

Next you want to ensure that the puppies have been reared in an environment where they've had close human contact, preferably in a home environment so they are used to the ambient scents and sounds.

Puppies like this don't come cheap, and are only likely to be produced by breeders who are actively showing their dogs and wanting to do their best to improve the breed. Going to a few dog shows would certainly give you the best opportunity to meet a few breeders and see their dogs so you can make a more informed decision, otherwise it's down to studying their websites and making a few telephone interviews before making an appointment to visit them.

So sorry for your loss, and wishing you all the best in finding a new love in your life

freak is offline Village Royalty

Shaylon is offline New to the Village

You have considered adopting a dog?

I have a Beagle and I am in love with it.

+ Reply to Thread