Hello to you all, could do with some advice!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CSollers

Thread: Hello to you all, could do with some advice!

Spike&Reg is offline Village Puppy

Default Hello to you all, could do with some advice!

Hello to you all,
    Could do with some advice! We’ve recently been joined by our 2nd black pug, Spike who is 9 weeks old We also have our 9 year old boy, Reg. From the moment we brought Spike home, he has been constantly itching his bottom. We have been to the vets 3 times in the past week. There is no sign of worms, or anal gland issues. The vet has given him some piriton but that doesn’t seem to be helping. Apart from the constant itch he’s happy, eating very well and very playful. It’s just driving him up the wall. He was on science plan small and miniature puppy with chicken so did some research and have moved him onto the hypo allergenic wainwrights salmon and potato to see if it was the chicken and wheat effecting him. We started this yesterday so I’m not sure how long it will take to get out of his system but he was still scooting thismorning. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you. Sophie

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

I don't remember how long it takes changing proteins to take affect.Check out the library at www.dogfoodadvisor.com. You should find answers to this and other dietary concerns that may come up. Could it be as simple as a flea or two? They seem to like the area around the base of the tail. I'm sure that you will get more information here as people see your question.
    Rugbysmom likes this.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

Spike&Reg is offline Village Puppy

Thank you

+ Reply to Thread