• 4 Post By shaynapug
  • 1 Post By Rugbysmom
  • 2 Post By GordonBrunoPugMom
  • 2 Post By [email protected]

Thread: Adult pug still pooping in house

rachfred4@gmail.com is offline New to the Village

DefaultAdult pug still pooping in house

Hello,
    I'm new on here. I'm Rachelle. Luka is my almost 3 year old pug. I have had him since he was 10 weeks old. He is a wonderful companion! But I can't get him to stop pooping in the house! He knows to go poop outside too. I do think part of it is an anxiety issue when I leave, but he will also do it when I'm home. I'm about to put diapers on him! But that will be messy too. Any advise?? Thank you in advance. Rachelle [email protected]

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

how often does this happen and are there any usual times? maybe he just needs to be on a different schedule as far as going outside?
    is he free fed or does he eat at regular times?
    will he use a pee pad? If he will that might be your solution

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire, born 3/15/06
    and my 3 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

If you're home, you need to watch him closely. When he looks like he's gotta go...circling etc....put him outside! When he poops outside...tell him how good he is and give him a treat!!!

I had a girl that I got when she was older. She had separation anxiety. However, once I gated her in the kitchen...with toys, water, and a bed....Giving her a treat when I left and telling her I loved her and I'd see her soon. She stopped pooping in the house when I wasn't home. I think she heard things outside and pooped cuz I wasn't home to reassure her! She never pooped in the house again once I did this!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Hi & I hope you will stick around.....there are lot of caring, & supportive people on here who are always ready & willing to help with any questions or problems you might have! I hope you will enjoy visiting on here as much as I do, & I hope you can find a way to get that sweet Luka to stop poopin' in the house!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

DefaultAdult pug still pooping in house

How is your schedule look like ? When are your feeding , walking , play , napping etc times ? How often and where does he go to poop ( or where you want him to go ?)
    How did you potty train. With pads ?
    Are you working on a regular time schedule ?
    Who else is in the house ?
    You need a regular routine with poop breaks on schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

rachfred4@gmail.com is offline New to the Village

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysmom View Post
    Hi & I hope you will stick around.....there are lot of caring, & supportive people on here who are always ready & willing to help with any questions or problems you might have! I hope you will enjoy visiting on here as much as I do, & I hope you can find a way to get that sweet Luka to stop poopin' in the house!
    Thank you! I plan to. :)

+ Reply to Thread