New members - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New members

Ghostthepug is offline New to the Village

He is 15 weeks at present but the breeder said he was 12 weeks . I think he might be lying about his age . The lady who purchased him on my behalf told me after the fact that the birthday was not on the dog’s vaccine card and gave me another story about the microchip . He is so tiny but I know they come in all sizes I just hope for the puppy sake he is not younger than he said . The rule is pugs not suppose to travel before 15 weeks of age because of their anatomy mainly the “ short sprout “ He received two shots thus far and the vet said he can have the rabies next week as it’s a requirement by law when traveling through America . He is coming through cargo and the courier are quite familiar with the process they do it three time a month . Even though they are in the UK they can fly directly . So they have to travel to America and then to Bermuda . It’s a long journey for them . Two days .

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

This sounds all so scary to me. You invested some money I assume? He looks tiny but in the picture he is younger. Do you have a veterinarian appointment for the day he getís to you ? I would say you 100% need that! I also have insurance on my pugs and for Henry my new puppy I signed him up prior to picking him up because of the waiting period. As a British territory it is easier to get a dog in UK vs US ? Who is the carrier ? And a handler will be present on the flights ? I took a dog (Dalmatian) to Germany with me he flew in cargo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

This sounds so scary to me also, so please beware......he looks adorable but too tiny & possible too young, plus he does not look like a purebred Pug, so if that is important to you, please consider carefully! I'm so sorry you've had such bad luck trying to get a healthy Pug puppy--maybe it is hard to do where you live? I hate to see anyone be taken advantage of, especially when you've already lost 2 puppies to Parvo--I'm afraid I would have to run from that breeder.....
    shaynapug and Lu Ci and Ri Ki like this.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is online now Village Ya-Ya

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysmom View Post
    This sounds so scary to me also, so please beware......he looks adorable but too tiny & possible too young, plus he does not look like a purebred Pug, so if that is important to you, please consider carefully! I'm so sorry you've had such bad luck trying to get a healthy Pug puppy--maybe it is hard to do where you live? I hate to see anyone be taken advantage of, especially when you've already lost 2 puppies to Parvo--I'm afraid I would have to run from that breeder.....
    I'm sorry to say this but I don't have a good feeling about this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

The breeder sent a pic of the mom and dad for her and also the papers for the mom. The puppy itself does not have any kc papers . I received microchip information but no date of birth the puppy had its vaccine by 2 . The lady took him the next day to a vet and she said he looks fine to her but they never even weighed the puppy . I asked her to weigh him atleast. He is growing but I honestly think he is younger than the breeder said . She saw this puppy aka got excited for me as she knew I been through and lost those two other puppies . She told me after the fact that when she saw the post she asked him if he is 12 weeks or more and he said yes but I think he wanted to get rid of the puppy and just told her what she wanted to hear . I kept telling her the puppy looks too small for that age and he just kept going with the guy . I pray he is ok , I don’t mind if he is a runt of the litter . I will try my best to take care of him . He is coming through Germany she told me .

I been trying to figure the age out if he got two shots he probably at least 8 to 10 weeks by now . He got his first two shots twoweeks ago and he will come here three week in November to 4 week .I plan to get pet insurance once he lands here . He is going by the vet next week and also again before he comes here in November . Yes I paid 1200 for the first puppy all the way in August and she got me him and the other puppy out of her pocket but I had to pay her 500 extra for him as he had a microchip , vaccines and the kc paper for the mom . The other puppy I got videos while he was with his liter and parents for the 8 weeks . Yes it’s been a nightmare .most people bring in their puppies to Bermuda and I heard about this lady as she also is from here but lives in the UK . So her business is basically buying bringing puppies to people here in Bermuda . She been doing it for four years and she brings in a lot of frenchies etc and small breed puppies with no problems . She has great reviews but I don’t think she educates herself enough about these puppies like she is telling me the puppies comes in all sizes and that his size is perfect . She said his interaction , developmental stage is on par with the other dogs she has and he is thriving and eating well for the past week she has had him . At this stage I already gave her the money , she already paid the breeder so I don’t think there is any turning back for this . I wanted a pure breed puppy so I hope he is .

This is how he looked closed up when they picked him up a week ago
    Attached Images Attached Images

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

best of luck in this

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default New members

I am telling you what I think. If you paid with your credit card and your financial institution has buyer protection get your money back. If you paid cash ask for it back you can get always the police involved since she took your money and has not delivered. You signed an agreement of sorts?

I can not see but 1 picture. Many here download an App called Tapatalk to easy add pictures .

If the puppy comes from the same breeder parvovirus might still be an issue.
    If the puppy comes from another breeder how can you be sure itís not from a puppy mill ? A video of the parents is not proof.
    Have you seen any puppies she brought over ? I think she is running a scam and UK makes sense since the dogs imported from UK to Bermuda donít need al the
    Requirements .

I say ,if you can, stay away start over and take the losses. Do you want a puppy who my or my not have live long conditions either through poor breeding und upbringing or from traveling ? A reputable breeder would never have itís puppy travel 2 days in cargo on a plane !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 10-23-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    shaynapug and Lu Ci and Ri Ki like this.

Thanks so much for the advise . My regret is I never found this village with experience pug owners sooner. I will update you in a few weeks . Thanks again .

LilyFayre is online now Village Tea Pug

Sadly, I would have to agree that the puppy does not look like a purebred pug. The nose is too long and the ear set is wrong. If he definitely originated in the UK the law is quite clear that puppies have to microchipped at 8 weeks old unless given a temporary exemption from a vet if they are a very small breed. You would need to contact DEFRA for the specific rules regarding exporting of puppies from the U.K. OV Instructions

I would also agree that if you can get your money back that this would be the best thing to do. If the puppy has to be shipped via America anyway then surely it would be preferable to purchase a puppy bred by a reputable american breeder?

Wishing you all the best!
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast