Hi 🏻,🏻 🐻🐻 We’re New! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hi 🏻,🏻 🐻🐻 We’re New!

MotherOfPugs is offline New to the Village

Default Hi We are New!

Wow! Pug people are really an impressive bunch! We already feel all the love, I’m so glad I joined and thank you for the kind welcome. (Will follow the advice on figuring the site out...oh boy do I ever have photos lol!) Oliver came down with a startling cough yesterday- fortunately he had signs indicating environmental bronchitis last year so we already had the x-rays done about six months ago and had a plan in the event it got worse... I acted swiftly, ordering all of the necessary medicine and cough suppressant‘s. Was so troubling to see my little boy coughing up a storm last night. I was afraid to even feed him at risk of aspiration! Anyone have experience with environmental bronchitis?

MotherOfPugs is offline New to the Village

Default Hi We’re New!

Oliver is the male fawn on left, Suri is black female on right. It’s still saying photos aren’t correct size so not sure if it’ll load
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Quote Originally Posted by MotherOfPugs View Post
    Wow! Pug people are really an impressive bunch! We already feel all the love, I’m so glad I joined and thank you for the kind welcome. (Will follow the advice on figuring the site out...oh boy do I ever have photos lol!) Oliver came down with a startling cough yesterday- fortunately he had signs indicating environmental bronchitis last year so we already had the x-rays done about six months ago and had a plan in the event it got worse... I acted swiftly, ordering all of the necessary medicine and cough suppressant‘s. Was so troubling to see my little boy coughing up a storm last night. I was afraid to even feed him at risk of aspiration! Anyone have experience with environmental bronchitis?
    So sorry to hear about Oliver's cough. I know how distressing it is to hear/see them coughing. We've used "Cough Tabs" (Guaifenesin and dextromethorphan) as the starter med for coughs that aren't "too bad" and then used progressively more powerful med's as needed, from steroids to Tussigon (Hycodan) and Torbutrol when the cough got really bad. Our pug Wonka, who has passed away, had a bad cough from collapsing trachea and so we tried a lot of different meds to keep him comfortable and happy. Our current girl Beanie has occasional bouts of bronchitis and generally Guaifenesin or the cough tabs and an allergy pill are enough to keep her comfortable, but she's had a couple of bouts of pneumonia where we had to use antibiotics to clear it up. She's a very "phlegm-y dog" and tends to produce a lot of mucus and so we do our best to thin that out to help her.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherOfPugs View Post
    Oliver is the male fawn on left, Suri is black female on right. It’s still saying photos aren’t correct size so not sure if it’ll load
    To upload photo attachments directly to PugVillage, the photos have to be somewhat small (lower size of pixels). Most of us find it is better to "host" the picture someplace else, a photo sharing site for example or Facebook or a private website - and then use the link code to share the image here by clicking on the little "photo frame tree" icon in the menu bar, which inserts the [IMG] tags around the photo link.. Many PugVillager's also use an App called Tapatalk to post photos. I haven't tried it, but my hubby did and he said the free version worked well enough, but it had a lot of advertisements and he didn't like that. Most PugVillager's though say it's much easier to upload photos from that compared to other methods.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

I will be praying that Oliver's cough gets better quickly.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

pugspicious is offline Village Puppy

Welcome to Pug Village, Mamma, Oliver, and Suri!! I still have troubles with the photos too. I haven’t been on this site in a while, so if I have a photo, it’s old:) This site has so much wisdom...that’s why I’m back looking for tips.

I’ve had my fawn senior pug since he was around 5 y.o. (rescue) and he’s now ~13-14. He’s having some health issues, but is so happy and loving. We had since adopted a 5 y.o. fawn male (while he was less than a year).

I love that you too are trying to learn the best ways to keep these guys healthy as they get older. I’m desperately in love with my boys!

Again, Welcome.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Proud mommy of Quinton Barkley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12