For Honor and For Safety - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: For Honor and For Safety

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

Safe journeys and so many thanks for the protection he and the crew offer us. As I say over and over, our kids need to go into service just like Israel and Sweden serve 4 years, mature and have pride!
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Seems there is a bit more to this story than meets the eye:

The Protesters, The Veteran And The Flag—An Instant Ethics Train Wreck In Georgia | Ethics Alarms

Read to the end.

Actually, I think if we quit instilling in a scrap of fabric so much emotional baggage and power then it would never be used as anything more than it was originally intended....as a means of identification. By giving the flag so much emotional meaning, we give people the power to use it as a tool...both our enemies...and those domestically which would use it to rally us to commit acts we would not normally consider in the name of patriotism.

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

Bugoneal is offline Village Featherpug

Ellen, I read your post to my DH, a former Marine with many ship hours (early years Vietnam Vet). He was so angered about the flag and so moved about the ship. He has put your son and his ship in his prayer bowl marked "until it returns home". Brought me to tears. Made for interesting breakfast conversation.
    ~~mary - loved by Colbie the Vizsla Pug, plus many featherpugs! Remembering our heart pugs Bug and Sugar at the Rainbow Bridge with Sissy the Chihuahua Pug

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Shiloh'sdaddy is offline Village VP

Message from Lncpl Clint to Tall Grass's Son: "Fair winds brother"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12