For my MOM
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: For my MOM

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Default For my MOM

Mom has gone downhill quickly in the last 3 wks. She is falling....depressed...etc!!! Last night, my BIL had to pick her up from the floor!

She lives downstairs from my sister. She and her hubby are doing so much for her....... Mom kept insisting that all was well!!!! Well..it ain't! Karen has been busy with mom...and on the phone. They went to visit an Assisted Living place on Monday and put down a deposit. Couldn't get an appt with her Dr. to fill out forms until next week and then there would be a nurse eval. Since she fell again last night.....they called and are getting her in to see a different Dr. in the practice this afternoon......and hopefully will be seeing the nurse before Fri. Once her TB test is read (getting that today) she can move in! So, if all goes well....she'll be moved this weekend.

She's very ready to go as she's afraid to be alone and doesn't want my sister sitting home all the time! She's been staying in bed a lot due to being afraid and depressed. Hoping that the move to the new place...with people her age around her...and help 24/7 will get her moving more and happier!

Please see her NOT hurting herself badly if she falls. See the appts going well.....and a smooth transition for her!!!

Mom is not always pleasant as this is going on. I get it on the phone...but my sister gets it much more often and in person. Please see my sister strong.....and feeling no guilt as she's doing what must be done to keep mom safe!

Thank you!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

I understand the situation all too well. I'm an only child and had to provide care and then decide on assisted living for my Mother. There is always guilt but we do what we have to do to make sure our parents are safe and receive the care they need. I will be praying for your Mom, you, your sister and family.
    Last edited by Lu Ci and Ri Ki; 07-29-2020 at 12:02 PM.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

I hope all goes well for your mom moving into the new living situation. It will give you all some peace of mind. Big adjustment for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Really hoping that things go well for your mum and she will be happy in her new home
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

So sorry to hear that she has been falling recently and is feeling depressed. Sending loads of positive vibes for the move to go smoothly. I hope she adjusts quickly and is happy in the new home.

Thinking of you and your sister, too. This would be stressful at any time, but COVID makes everything more difficult, scary and stressful. Sending some good vibes to your sis for strength and comfort.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Royalty

Sending positive thoughts that all goes well with the transition for your Mom.
    shaynapug and Lu Ci and Ri Ki like this.
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

I understand, my mom is 89 and lives on her own, I'm the only child, so I'm over there 4-6 X week for something
    Praying your mom can adjust, likes it there and doesn't have any broken bones!

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire - 3/15/06 - 6/30/22
    and my 4 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Prayers for your mom and all of you.
    shaynapug and Rugbysmom like this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Thinking of you and praying for strength for you , your Sister , your mom and the families. It is not easy .

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    shaynapug and Rugbysmom like this.

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

Mom is not always pleasant as this is going on. I get it on the phone...but my sister gets it much more often and in person. Please see my sister strong.....and feeling no guilt as she's doing what must be done to keep mom safe!
    I will keep your mom in my prayers, show your sister as much support as possible, I was the one who got it from my mom, it is something I will never get over, I pray I never get mean.
    Susan, mom to Desi, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy,Bo, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast