Send in your photos for the 2016 Calendar!
For those of you who rarely venture into PugVillage's Village Lounge, I'm re-posting this info in PugLife to spread the word. Original thread here: https://www.pugvillage.com/forum/vill...hotos-now.html
:cheer: Yes, there will be a 2016 Village of Pugs Calendar!
The time has come to pick out your favorite 5 pictures and submit them for the 2016 Calendar! The calendar will feature 2-5 pictures of pugs on each month. This is a full sized wall calendar (11" wide by 17" tall) with a hole at the top for hanging. Professionally printed on glossy card stock paper.
Disclaimer: By submitting your photo, you are agreeing that the calendar committee has your permission to publish your submitted photo(s) included in the 2016 calendar. This calendar is being created from PV member-submitted pictures, but it is not an officially sponsored product from the owners of pugvillage.com. Pugvillage.com and its owners may not be held responsible for anything involved in the creation, sale, shipping, etc. of this calendar.
Submit up to 5 photos by Saturday, October 24 to: [email protected]
We are looking for photos of the following...
- Seasonal pugs (spring, summer, autumn, winter)
- Rescue Pugs
- Senior pugs and Pug Puppies
- In memory, Pugs who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge
- Pugs enjoying the outdoors
- Pugs eating
- Pugs running (action shots)
- Pugs in costumes
- Pugs Slumping
- Pugs making funny faces (tongues, stink-eyes, yawning, upside down, etc.)
2016 Calendar Submission Guidelines
1. Your photo must be LARGE, preferably with a resolution of 1024x768 pixels or higher. We want high resolution images to make the printing the best quality possible. If you don’t know what any of this means ("resolution, pixels") then send your favorite picture and I will decide if the quality is high enough.
2. We will only accept photos in .jpg or .jpeg format. (Sorry, no .gif, .bmp, .psd, .tif, .png, .pdf, etc.)
3. Name the photo to the following standards: username_pugname.jpg
where username = your PugVillage user's name
and pugname = name of pug(s) in the photo
No spaces, please. Either remove the spaces or put an underscore (_) instead. Having the photos named in this way will make it a LOT easier to keep track of the pugs included on the calendar.
4. If you submit more than one photo of the same pug, add a number to the end for each photo to differentiate them. For example: username_nilla1.jpg and username_nilla2.jpg
5. Please include a brief description of what category you think your photo corresponds with. For example: “Attached is a picture of Nilla, the pug we adopted from rescue.” or “Attached is a picture of Wonka, enjoying the beach last summer.”
6. Please e-mail your submissions to: [email protected] Do not post them on this thread and then expect them to be included.
7. A maximum of 5 photo submissions per member will be accepted.
8. The cutoff for entries is Saturday, October 24! The sooner you submit your photos, the easier it will be for the calendar to be created in time for the holidays and the New Year.
Photos of the previous PV calendar, as examples (I will post 2016 calendar pictures when it is completed)
Purchasing information and a link to buy the 2016 calendar will come later!