****Guidelines for the Pug Breeding Forum--A Must Read**** - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ****Guidelines for the Pug Breeding Forum--A Must Read****

FourteenLegs is offline Village Diva

What a wonderful post Connie, and how lucky your beautiful puggies are to be in such a loving family!

It is very sad that you had to be confronted by someone with such a one-eyed opinion. Yes, there are MANY, MANY pugs waiting in rescue for their forever homes, but as people involved in rescue have said on this forum, they have more applications than pugs, and many of those applications are not suitable, and it can take a long time, and a lot of pugs have problems............BUT, there are many, many rescued pugs on this forum, probably as many pugs that came direct from breeders as babies. And no-one can deny the rescued pugs hold a special part in all our hearts. You have not done the wrong thing. You have made a choice, YOUR choice, and I don't think there is a forum member who would rise to say you made the wrong choice. It is amazing the number of forum members who have bought a pug puppy, and then not long after, opened their hearts and homes to a rescue. This silly person giving eroneous and unwelcome opinions should realise that. Many rescued pugs ARE RESCUED, because the rescuer already has a pug in their home, and that pug was purchased as a puppy.

Follow your own heart and continue to be wonderful as you are.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Check out the PugVillage Books - buy one from HERE and help rescue.

Rona and the Principessas Imogen and Pearl. Holding in our hearts forever LouLou and Puck who have been reunited at the Bridge.
    All my babies at the Bridge - LouLou, Puck, Piaff, Donato, Persia, Dragon, Smugs, (Pugs) and Madam and her son Woolfie (horses).

c_mcrae1 is offline Village Admiral

Wow Connie. You put it so well. I agree I am now a better puggy mum for having owned two puppies. When and if (god forbid) i ever lose them I'm sure I will try rescue first(but they are few and far between over here). However, had I never purchased a pug puppy from a breeder I would never have learnt to love the breed the way I have. So surely good things can come from not so good situations.
    carol..Barney (my little sweetie) and Cassie's (little devil incarnate) mum..

maavjiam is offline None

Default :)

Read it and I didn't break any rules...I'm glad for the help and it was greatly appreciated...opinions should be respected though and I was not looking into breeding but only wanted to know what would happen "IF" she got pregnant and I needed guidance. I thank the people who have replied...

cheers

maav

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

DantePugs is offline Founding Member

People adding other information, and voicing opinions which differ from your own is neither a lack of respect for your opinion, nor sitting in judgement of you.
    DantePugs

aneetapugor2 is offline Village Admiral

Well I'm certainly glad I was curious enough to read the post-it note. I agree with Dantee. We all have a duty to answer questions and not force our opinions on anyone. There is a difference! Arguments occur when we try to force our beliefs on others. There are pros and cons to any subject but the way they are presented makes a difference. I'm not a breeder. I did breed my pug, through, and with the help of a breeder. I do not consider myself a backyard breeder either. We chose a stud to compliment the bitch and produce puppies that would mimic the breed standard. They were all very lovely puppies. We did loose one and it was very sad. He was 10 days old. Thankfully I had a network of breeders to call who willingly helped me until we could get him to the vet in the a.m. I will always be greatful to them for their help even tho it was in vain. They gave me their support without criticism. I felt bad enough loosing that puppy. My husband and I were up every 2 hrs. in the night to make sure they ate. We enjoyed it. Not the lack of sleep, but watching the puppies change day by day and develope into such adorable little pugs. It was hard to part with them. Anyway this forum makes us grow with the wisdom of the breeders who take the time to answer questions to the novice. I hope it continues. We have much to learn.

DantePugs is offline Founding Member

If people are going to breed, then the way you went about it is certainly preferable..for everyone's sake. And every Pugs sake too. There's a lot to learn with breeding, and a reputable experienced breeder being involved is a wonderful way to learn these things and further develop the interest in breeding. It's also a good safety net to have, and a good way to find a supportive environment.

Regarding discussing the subject on a forum like ours....Breeding is usually a subject that can't be discussed at all on internet forums without bad feelings, arguments, instigating conflicts etc, etc.

But it's an important subject, not only to those who breed but also to advocates of the breed, and it should be discussed. The trick of course is to find a way to discuss the subject, without allowing conflicts to break out and without allowing them to cross over into other areas of the forum itself...both of which happen often.

So we have the guidelines....and they've worked fairly well over the past two years...Not perfectly of course, but well enough to have allowed us to see and read some excellent threads on the subject, from all perspectives, without tearing the whole house down.

Thank you for your input.....it's always appreciated!
    DantePugs

tall grass pugs is online now Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Ceylon of the Tall Grass, here. Can I narc off the kitchen staff? She has been feeding a stray bird dog with ten, yes ten ugly puppies for the last three weeks. The food used could easily be used to nourish moi. I suppose she will now raid the toy and treat fund for advertising to dispose of the litter so unhappily deposited in the west pasture. At least I now understand where the silver bowl that brightened my every morning has gone. Could you make this wretched woman an example for what happens with puppies nourished so unfairly? Ten reasons why unplanned breeding is so tragic. Perhaps we could UPS them to NY?

Default I missed it...

Ugly puppies or not , thank God that someone has enough compassion to feed them...

Faithe

Default Help for my pug mom that won't due her newborn duties

Hello everyone in PugVillage Forum! I am so glad to have found your site, as I am needing some help on how to care for my mommy pug and her newborn pup (born on August 9, 2006 @ 1:58 a.m.

I am wanting to find someone who may have experienced what we are now experiencing. My female pug "Masey" has just been bred for the first time, and she had a slightly difficult labor and delivery. When she delivered her first pup, it was stillborn, as was also the second one. The third one was born live, all within about 3 hours. Then, today (8-9-06), at around noon, she started contracting again and gave birth to a fourth stillborn at the vets office.

I am guessing that my question(s) is this: If this many puppies are stillborn, what could have been the cause, if any? Secondly, now that she has only one pup, she is hesitant in feeding it and/or caring for, or cleaning up her pup. What do you do in a case like this? My "Masey" is such a sweet, sweet girl and I would never have imagined that she would be this bad of a mother to her pup. This is the first time we have bred her, and she is going on 4 years old in November 2006. We also own the father, which is younger than her.

Is there any advice you can give regarding on what we might do about this one little pup that we do not want to lose. I have been reading that we should not be handling it, but if she's not taking care of her duties towards her pup, what else can we do? She is also blindly lying on her most of the time, and the puppy is crying, yet extremely active. The puppy has nursed from her, but we need to hold "Masey" down most of the time to make her nurse her pup. We are keeping the puppy warm, yet are worried that we might not have her in the morning if we do not stay up most of the night to keep watch.....

What could be anyone's advice?

Thank you,
    "pugz4mee"

what an uplifting post. thank you so much!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast