This is why I don't sell to people with young children!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By LilyFayre
  • 1 Post By Shannon C
  • 1 Post By Snifter

Thread: This is why I don't sell to people with young children!!!

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Default This is why I don't sell to people with young children!!!

I do not know the dog...do not know the people...so not know anything! Just makes me ANGRY!!!!

A friend of a friend sent me this:

32969652_10211251984407984_573885395423461376_n.jpg
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

On Facebook , a market place how low? And if you really cared you would not ask for money but look for a good home. But you love her so much ... I did wait for another dog until my son was 4 and I was home 24 / 7 . My son was very quiet and calm so well behaved, but when his friends were over we saved the puppy by sending him in my bedroom. The motion of the dog and kid grow up together and are best friends is ludicrous. I heard it all from the dog being protective and watching over the kid to my baby will sleep with puppy and not cry and else stupid ideas. Itís a dog and not property, status symbol or just something what makes your family whole. I see so many kids walk dogs in my neighborhood and and I donít agree with that either. Itís not a tool to teach responsibility. Grrrr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Looking at the incredible amount of dog food laying on the floor in that photo, one would tend to assume that the current owner is a complete and utter moron anyway!

This doesn't say a lot for whoever sold her the puppy in the first place :(
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Quote Originally Posted by GordonBrunoPugMom View Post
    I see so many kids walk dogs in my neighborhood and and I donít agree with that either. Itís not a tool to teach responsibility. Grrrr
    A current topic with my dog walking friends - all feeling slightly appalled seeing a 7 year old out on her own walking the family Newfoundland through the local park yesterday. For sure he's a lovely natured young dog, but no way could a child of her size control a dog of that size or deal with the situation should another dog decide to attack him. One really does wonder what some parents are thinking of.........sigh
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

Shannon C is offline Village Admiral

Wow makes me so sad seeing this. I also hate when people I don’t really know well say to me “wow god bless you with 4 kids under age of 10 and 3 pugs and a bearded dragon” well I can say I LOVE all of my babies. Would never give up my animal due to not having time for it. Makes me angry
    Suri likes this.

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

This is sad, I hope she finds a good forever home.
    Susan, mom to Bo, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

In many ways, though, they're doing the right thing. Better to admit you're in over your head and to find the dog a home, than to lock them in the back yard for the rest of their life - the second one is the typical case here. And all this vilification of this woman is just making it more and more likely that more and more dogs will get locked in the back yard indefinitely.

We have hundreds such dogs around us. Locked in the back yard, because the good intentions when getting them did not last into a lifetime of care and walks for the dogs. Sure they get fed, but that's it. They're all crazy, if all I saw was the same four walls all the time I'd go crazy too.

This puggy has a chance to not end up crazy.

And you're yelling at her for making the right choice.

Should she have gotten the dog? Probably not. It's six months too late for that discussion.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

I agree that the breeder should have made further and better enquiries, and made sure the family was aware of what they were taking on. Chances are the pug would not have got sold to them then.

But it was, and as such I agree with Nina. The family is making the right decision for all concerned.

The food bowl looks staged to me: as if the family is trying to show that pups can be a handful. The dog is certainly not overweight and looks in good shape.

Asking for money - that's a two-edged sword, too. Many people argue that they ask for money to ensure that a family is prepared to pay, and has funds available, rather than just looking for a free dog (in which case a pug is absolutely not the right breed to go for). Personally I think the pug should be handed over to rescue, but that's just me.

Whatever - I hope the pug finds a lovely new home.
    myboysRmylife likes this.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

+ Reply to Thread