Bitch in season leaking
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shaynapug

Thread: Bitch in season leaking

marcelle28 is offline Village Puppy

DefaultBitch in season leaking

Hi All
    I have a 4half year old bitch that has just come into season yesterday...She went to bed last night but got up in the night to go to the toilet ..After she went i noticed a wet patch.Should i be concerned ? It did not smell ..She is eating and drinking normally and exercising normally ....Is this just hormone related ..I am thinking of breeding her in 12 days time so obviously want to get this cleared up TIA

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

I am no breeder and have only boy dogs.
    There will be members here who can answer the question.
    I actually do not understand exact what you meant by leaking . Is this your first Breeding ? I would think you get a vet involved before having a litter and support from a responsible Breeder . The stud dog owner has done this before ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Is she bleeding???

If you have concerns...take her to the vet!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Hi there
    I mean leaking as in urine whilst asleep..She did not do it last night .So i am guessing it might just be where she was licking her paws..No the stud dog has not done it before

Darcy is in season so she is bleeding because of that..

I read the long reply you gave me and thankyou very much for your concerns...My son is called Shay and we have a pug so simila names lol....I love Darcy very much she is a beautiful black pug very muscular and 11kg..I have always wanted to breed her but have put it off at 4 half this is our last chance ..It would be such a shame not to ..I am totally prepared at the work involved,as they would be Darcys puppies i would feel very attached and responsible for them ..I am 56 years old so mature..She is on day 3 of her season and her appetite has increased alot but so has her excersise ..Alot of thought and concern has gone into the possibility of anything going wrong

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

You also have to be prepared to lose the mom and or babies! Sometimes, an entire litter! Breeding pugs is often not fun...til they're older.....and can be heartbreaking!!!!

I would suggest you call your local club and get in touch with breeders....or go on facebook and join some groups that help breeders.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

I certainly would say got a vet involved and have advice from someone who has done breeding. There is also the questions about legal matters and payment with the stud dog owner. I understand you wanting to breed a beautiful pug but that is no guarantee for the puppies to look like her . How did you find the stud ? Just make sure you got everything covered from the health aspect to the legal to the Moral aspects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread