OOh it is me and i have a dilemma!!!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OOh it is me and i have a dilemma!!!

Default OOh it is me and i have a dilemma!!!

Hello all

I keep popping up dont i ?

Hope you are all well?

Now then, i have took the leap and mated one of my girls ( not Poppy, my tiny little baby lady, never, never) one of my big healthy girls and i have a very heavily pregnant pug!!

She is due to give birth in 6 days so can i ask some questions please as i am the type of person who panicks

I have been told some horror stories that pug puppies are usually born dead or even if they live they die within 2 or 3 weeks!

I intend to keep these puppies ( i have a huge house and land, so i can easily accomadate them) i want my own pug family and i want to know if the stories are true?

I have asked the vet for a c section but the vet said she wants the puppies to have the chance of a natural birth and if a c section is needed i can call the emergency vet at the last moment.

Help please! are pug puppies really so hard to raise.

ps...............Poppy is doing really well, even with one eye she is ruling the roost!

Lynxa is offline Village Admiral
    The Post Katrina Big Easy, not quite as big but still just as easy!

I don't know much about breeding, but I have heard that pugs have a much higher chance of needing c-sections than the average dog. I think you're right to worry and plan ahead, and don't see why on earth your vet wouldn't want to make accommodations for it. Personally, I'd feel more comfortable with my baby giving birth at the vet's so they could perform a c-section if needed, and give immediate aid if any complications should occur.
    Courtney: Mommy to the precious Ozzy, Angel, the Ironically Named Kitty, Gally the big little sister, and Percy the Naked Pug-Kitty!

Yes i agree, i took her on Tuesady and asked for the c section and was refused, the vet says the babies have to expand thier lungs in prepearation for the birth and that performing a c section without the natural process can put the pups at more risk.

The vet says i have to let her try and deliver the pups herself, if she is pushing and nothing happens or if she bleeds or looses green discharge i can call the vet and if a c section is needed i can take her into the emergency vet who will perform one if needed.

So now i am sat waiting for pug babies and terrified they wil not survive.

Maybe i worry too much..........

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

why is no one answering me??

whatapug is offline Village Admiral

[quote=Chingo;1080153]Yes i agree, i took her on Tuesady and asked for the c section and was refused, the vet says the babies have to expand thier lungs in prepearation for the birth and that performing a c section without the natural process can put the pups at more risk.

The vet says i have to let her try and deliver the pups herself, if she is pushing and nothing happens or if she bleeds or looses green discharge i can call the vet and if a c section is needed i can take her into the emergency vet who will perform one if needed.

Hi Amanda, have you ever bred a litter of puppies(any breed)before?

does the stud dog owner live close to you for support? you will need someone experienced with you.
    and pug normaly only have a 58 average gestation.
    Last edited by whatapug; 03-30-2008 at 04:44 PM.

No, i have never had a litter before.
    The stud dog is 2 hours drive away so i cannot get quick help from them.

I have a friend who is experienced in breeding collies, she has over 30 years experience but this is not with pugs.
    She has offerd to help if we want her too.
    I really did think i could request a c section and did not expect to be in this situation.

[quote=whatapug;1080163]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    Yes i agree, i took her on Tuesady and asked for the c section and was refused, the vet says the babies have to expand thier lungs in prepearation for the birth and that performing a c section without the natural process can put the pups at more risk.

Hi Amanda, have you ever bred a litter of puppies(any breed)before?

does the stud dog owner live close to you for support? you will need someone experienced with you.
    and pug normaly only have a 58 average gestation.
    58 days!!!!!!!!!!
    Yikes, she is due to give birth in 2 days then.

why is no one answering me??
    amanda,maybe this thread would be better in the breeding section, I doubt you will get the response you need from here as the post will get lost

Hi Whatapug, yes , maybe i should post in breeding !

Thank you so much for your replys though.

I am not going to do another post, i suppose i will ask the friend to be here when the time comes and i have the emergency vet contact number, i suppose i will just have to cross fingers and hope for the best.

Thank again
    Amanda x

Hi Whatapug, yes , maybe i should post in breeding !

Thank you so much for your replys though.

I am not going to do another post, i suppose i will ask the friend to be here when the time comes and i have the emergency vet contact number, i suppose i will just have to cross fingers and hope for the best.

Thank again
    Amanda x
    Hi Amanda, My name is charlotte,whatapug is just my user name and comes from my kc affix swhatapug,

what you need to do is go onto amazon NOW and order yourself "the book of the bitch" by kay white
    it is the must have book and not expensive. You will need you whelping box, puppy pen,heat lamp and whelping kit all set up ready to go.....

As for the whelping, there is no reason why she should need a c section,,but you MUST not hesitate in calling the vet if you feel she needs help. I would certainly ask the stud dog owner to assist you, are they experienced?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast