UPDATED: How to clean your Pugs Eyes and Nose Wrinkle - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: UPDATED: How to clean your Pugs Eyes and Nose Wrinkle

rachels128 is offline Village Puppy

This is great, thank you so much! I will be sure to start this process with my puppy from the very beginning, that way she is used to it for the long run.

Rachel
    Proud Mom to Butters

Rachel_Ann is offline Village Mayor

Doug HATES getting his folds cleaned.... He cries so much, but it has to be done!! Sorry Douglas :(
    "I would rather have an army of Dogs led by a Pug than an army of Pugs led by a Dog" - Napoleon

Rachel
    , Doug & Dede.

Loudog760 is offline Village Puppy

What kind of wipes should I use?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

kp818 is offline Village Puppy

Thanks for the great advice! Yesterday I cleaned little Luna's nose wrinkle (that's really the only one she has right now!)

She wasn't fond of it, but I managed to get her cleaned up. She was much better after a good play and a good meal. I will definitely have to pick up some eyelube when I visit the grocery store this week.

I do wonder about the moisturizing eye drops... I have some Blink Gel Tears for myself (I have dry eyes problems). The ingredients are different than that of Genteal, would they be safe to use?

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

I would imagine that what is safe for our eyes would be safe for theirs in the artificial tears department. I wouldn't share the same tube though!

Rosiepug is offline Moderator et Village Parisienne

Quote Originally Posted by kp818 View Post
    I do wonder about the moisturizing eye drops... I have some Blink Gel Tears for myself (I have dry eyes problems). The ingredients are different than that of Genteal, would they be safe to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally 'n' Leto View Post
    I would imagine that what is safe for our eyes would be safe for theirs in the artificial tears department. I wouldn't share the same tube though!
    After last weeks visit to the Vetrinary Opthalmologist, I have updated the information in my original post.

Animal eyelube from the Vet is preferable to human eyelube. The molecules are a different size and not readily utilised. I've also added information for pugs that don't fully close their eyes while sleeping and information on a corneal protector.

Happy reading
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,
    L'Impératrice Rosephine de Bonaparte
    La Marquise Halcyone de Pompadour

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

Mademoiselle Amaryllis qui m'attende au pont d'arc 27.3.99-14.11.06

Thanks! I will have to check in with my vet about the eyelube when I get Luna's next shots next week. I noticed she doesn't always close her eyes fully when she is sleeping.

babyOtis08 is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezable Beasties View Post
    Our Pug's Ophthalmologist sells "Puralube" eye ointment (which apparently, though a Registered Servicemark, is made by at least two different manufactures, or at least labeled as such. PURALUBE Vet - Dechra ). It is White Petrolatum and light Mineral Oil.. It can also be purchased for around $4/tube (around 1/2 the price at the Dr., or of Genteel at our 'local' CVS or Walgreens) from any of a number of hopefully reputable online suppliers like AlliVet, Vet America, KVVet and Pet Edge. Dr.s Foster and Smith sells their own labeled brand.

A tube lasts us around one month, applied twice per day. We usually order 3 or 4 tubes at at time along with other meds and supplies.

While the Eye Doc. doesn't have a preference for Genteel, or Puralube, she does recommend an ointment type, since she says that it will remain effective longer than liquids/drops.

Thanks RosiePug, and other contributors, for the great addition to the PMH/POM (Pug Maintenance Handbook/Pug Operators Manual).
    I've noticed that Otis gets alot of mucous (is that the same as grey matter?) built up in the corners of his eyes when he sleeps. I def know that I want to get him some kind of drop now. It was mentioned above that the drops have mineral oil in them.....is that safe?

Also- is there any way to get the pet ones other than from the vet and how much do they cost?

TIA & all around great info btw

Rosiepug is offline Moderator et Village Parisienne

Quote Originally Posted by babyOtis08 View Post
    I've noticed that Otis gets alot of mucous (is that the same as grey matter?) built up in the corners of his eyes when he sleeps. I def know that I want to get him some kind of drop now. It was mentioned above that the drops have mineral oil in them.....is that safe?

Also- is there any way to get the pet ones other than from the vet and how much do they cost?

TIA & all around great info btw
    Mucous is the same as grey matter. If Otis doesn't close his eyes fully, the thick eye ointment will help a great deal.

Mine is french ointment called Vitamine A Dulcis, it's made up of synthetic Vit A, in a carrier of liquid paraffin and vaseline. I'm sure your vet can recommend something similar.
    www.parischiennepugs.com

]acqueline et
    Les Parischiennes,
    L'Impératrice Rosephine de Bonaparte
    La Marquise Halcyone de Pompadour

PUDDING @ 9 wks
    CRUFTS QUALIFIED 2010

Mademoiselle Amaryllis qui m'attende au pont d'arc 27.3.99-14.11.06

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast