Innapropriate Signs of Affection
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Innapropriate Signs of Affection

olivia is offline Village VP

Question Innapropriate Signs of Affection

Sorry to be so crude, but this is a serious question. Olivia, out of nowhere, has started humping me. Just me. She can be sound asleep, and she will jump up and start doing what appears to be humping. I grab her around the waste to try and stop her, and she just continues for about 10 seconds, then stops and goes back to sleep or whatever she was doing prior to that. She isn't really physically touching me (as in grabbing me with her front legs like I have seen most other dogs do or straddling me in some way), but she is always next to me when it happens. She is 5 years old, has a 2 year old sister and a 8 year old brother. All are fixed and nothing is new....

My question is, could these actually be seizures and not humping? She sort of seems unaware when it is happening.... Or am I just stupid? Please give me some advice before I call the vet and ask this possible dumb question.

Thanks!
    Erica** mom to Olivia (pug), Piper Jean (pug), Jack (pug) and Kapili (pitbull).
    At the Rainbow Bridge, Chloe, my spunky rat terrier and Buddy, our loveable pitbull.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

I doubt it is seizures, perhaps an undetected UTI?

bnwebm is offline Village VP

Winston always wakes up humping. I think it has to do with the urge to urinate. He is fixed, btw.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Undetected UTI? Hmm. So it would be worth calling the vet? It makes sense to me.
    At the Rainbow Bridge, Chloe, my spunky rat terrier and Buddy, our loveable pitbull.

MuShu Mom is offline Village Royalty

The only thing tho', is that she does it only to you? Doesn't that mean that it might have to do with a "dominance" thing? Let us know what the vet says about a possible UTI. Very interesting theory!

ON THE EIGHTH DAY, GOD CREATED PUGS !

Hopelessly "Pugged" ,

Cheri

KismetPuggies is offline Village VP

I think it's always worth a call to your vet... they are supposed to have (depending on the vet) a vast knowledge of canine behavior and perhaps they know other dogs who do this and why..... Also, the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked. Don't hesitate to ask anyone and everyone... you never know who will stumble across the correct answer.

Best of luck!
    Kayte and Crew

Kismet Kennels, Exclusively Pugs

Pugpillow is offline Village Royalty

I'd relax and enjoy it. It means she's happy. My Jake (RIP) used to hump the inside of my right elbow regularly. How I wish he were still here to do it.
    "You cannot afford to subject your animals, or your children, to medical interventions that you do not understand. The belief system upon which the conventional medical model is founded is so faulty, so corrupt and so dangerous that you simply cannot afford to follow blindly." Catherine O’Driscoll http://www.whale.to/vaccine/driscoll1.html

Hilary & the Pugpillow Gang: Rescues: Denver (10), Tina (7), Murdoch (5) and chihuahua puppy Maximus Spartacus. Always loving my angel-girl Mei-Ling (1994-2009), my cutie-patootie Kim-Soo (1995-2010), my precious Daisy-Bo (1998?-2006), my sweet boyfriend Jake (1997-2010), my little black beauty Betsy (1995-2010), my sweet old grumpy man Gooey (1996-2011), and my sweet gentleman Farnsworth (1998-2012) at the Bridge.

shaynapug is online now True Village Royalty

Sorry...this made me laugh!!!!

I don't think it's a seizure. Any new or different behavior like that is worth a call to the vet!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Quote Originally Posted by Pugpillow View Post
    I'd relax and enjoy it. It means she's happy. My Jake (RIP) used to hump the inside of my right elbow regularly. How I wish he were still here to do it.
    It does make me smile, whatever it is she is doing! Ha!!

I did leave a message with the vet. I'm sure it is behavioral, but I am a worrier. My little horny pug.....

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

I think she is doing the dominance thing..Gus just turned 4 and is started to now HUMP the boys here and ONLY them..in fact he is humping them in the back end if they are laying on the floor too.
    it is pure domiance..out of the blue he will do it

he never would do it to me..guaranteed...

Bella tried this to me when she was younger and I put an end to that fast...she used to hump my feet of all things.. I would hide my feet under the blankets and she stopped..the vet said it was all dominance for no reason at all.

YOU could try raising you hands above your head to make yourself look bigger...like a bear kinda thing... she might get the idea that are boss and she will stop.

as far as the unaware thought..lol. Gus learned to JERK himself off..no better way to say it..he rubbed himself on the couch and off he went. he got fixed asap. I did call the vet though he was super dazed and I was super embarassed by the vet..lol
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

+ Reply to Thread