Drinks instead of water?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drinks instead of water?

Joe786 is offline Village Puppy

Default Drinks instead of water?

Are there any healthy drinks for pugs out there, which we can give to ours for a treat?

What do you like to give (or should I say, what does your dog like to drink) to your pug instead of water?

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

When I am really trying to get them to drink I will sometimes use low sodium broth. But I'm sure water is better for them.

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

If I need mine to drink I will put a teaspoon of milk in their water and they like that. But milk is not really a great idea for dogs so I have only done it if I feel they are not drinking enough in hot weather. Now that I soak their kibble they get plenty to drink anyway.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Beautifully_Chaotic is offline Village Governor

Whiskey likes coke. He will steal it if someone sets a drink on the floor, I don't give it to him on purpose though lol.
    Lena ♥Whiskey's Mom♥

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

Wally has stolen a slurp of tea (with milk and sugar), milk, and OJ when I have left my glass too close to the edge of the table by the couch arm, but I've only intentionally given water and broth.
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

Pinkles is offline Village Senator

haha this reminds me of when I was a kid MANY years ago We used to give our yorkie tea & coffee, well he used to steal it but we let him have it lol. AND! (don't all kill me after I tell you this) once we let him drink beer and he got drunk - now it was xmas and me & my brother were about 12/14 years old. Anyway we fed him chocolate and chips, beer, milk, coffee, coke and all manner of things and he lived to a ripe old age still running round the garden like a puppy when he was 12+ years old, I like to think of him as "miracle dog" lol

I do NOT advocate giving your dog coffee chocolate & beer - apart from the chocolate being toxic I'm pretty sure the beer wouldn't be good for a little puggy either!

But as for drinks, I would just stick to water, soak their kibble in water if you think they aren't drinking enough as Bella said and you could always give them a bit of apple that's full of water.
    ....... Maisie ............... Squig................. Pickle .............. Henry
    .(at Rainbow Bridge)

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Tinker doesn't drink much water normally but since she forms stones we have resorted to adding a pinch of tuna or the tip of a spoon of baby food (meat) to her water.We have almost tripled her intake of water doing this.

Krystal is offline Village Governor

Stalin really likes beer, but that's probably not what you meant! haha

The Honest Kitchen makes a product called "Ice Pups". It comes in a powder that you can dissolve into water and either freeze as ice cube treats, or give it right away as a warm broth. Stalin LOVES it!
    http://i.imgur.com/SqiL4bLs.jpg
    SN PTE U-AGII Stalin von Frederic NJP, NAP, CL2, TG1
    UKC Agility High-In-Trial, UKC Nosework High-In-Trial, CGC

snowsprite is offline Village Mayor

I would stir a spoonful of low-fat plain yogurt into Tucker's water because he was hardly interested in plain water...and he needed the liquids to help prevent bladder stones. He loved it, I would have to make sure he didn't overdue it. But as long as your pugs are drinking enough, I'd save the flavored water for hotter months when they need the extra hydration.

+ Reply to Thread