white wart like bumps under lip
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: white wart like bumps under lip

banditsmama:) is offline New to the Village

Default white wart like bumps under lip

hi everyone. im new to the pug village! my 1 year old pug bandit has developed 4 white bumps under his lip like on his chin. i took him to the vet and he told me they were warts and would go away soon and instructed me to give him a steroid pill every other day. its been over a week now and they seem to be getting bigger. another even seems to be appearing. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or anything similar. thanks all!

lvmypugs is offline Village Mayor

My first Boston Terrier that I rescued had something like that when he was young. My vet back then asked me what I fed his food out of, and I told him a plastic dog dish. I was told to not use those as they were pourus(SP?) and now only feed out of ceramic for my dogs.

I have one pug that sometimes get a clogged hair folical that looks like what you are describing and I usually just apply a very warm rag compress on it so that it will break. If I were you, I'd take your furkid back to the vet for a recheck--- (Just my H/O).

Best wishes and keep us posted!
    Smiles!
    Carla :)

GingerSnap is offline Village Smart Cookie

Yep, sounds like adolescent pug acne. It's pretty common. Stainless steel or glazed ceramic or Pyrex won't harbor bacteria and will help, although may not eliminate it entirely.
    Ginger
    Mom to Jackson (fawn pug, age 7) and Sammy (black brindle pug/French bulldog, age 9ish or so)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

to the village!!It does sound like acne and switching dishes may help! We found glass or ceramic the ticket.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

thanks everyone for your input. ive read alot about the stainless steel or ceramic bowls being better so i plan on going out and switching his plastic ones. i scheduled another appointment at the vet for this weekend but hes got 4 of them now and they dont seem to be getting any better. does anyone know what i could do that may help them start going away besides switching his bowls? the steroid pills i got from the vet dont seem to be doing a thing! im going to try and get a picture of them later so all you guys can see what im talking about better. i dont want this little things to mess up my cute guys little pudgy face! but thanks again everyone and be on the look out later for a picture of them!

Poncho's Mom is offline Village Mayor

Poncho occasionally get's those white bumps which my vet said are just acne and will go away on their own - which they always have. I do put Hydrogen Peroxide on them or use baby wipes to keep the area clean. I also use stainless steel bowls. I am suprised the Vet put your fur baby on steroids??
    Christina, Mom to Poncho

thanks again everyone. i went out and bought new bowls. ive been cleaning his face and putting warm wash rags on it. they arent getting any beter though and i dont know what else to do. hes going back to the vet either tomorrow or sunday for sure. is upsetting though because i dont want him to know they're there ya know? lol but anyways im going to attempt to post a picture. hopefully it turns out okay and gives a better idea of these suckers.

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

No idea, but they look kind of warty, more than zitty, to me. Poor punkin! Give him a hug from me!
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

SquishiePugs is offline Village Mayor

Oh goodness, poor boy!! I agree that they also look more like a wart than pimple (Russell used to have issues with pimples, and they're typically more red/pus like... gross, I know..) Wishing you the best and hoping those little suckers go away soon!
    Momma to pug Russell and felines Kitty & Winston.

+ Reply to Thread