Pug twitching.. please help :( - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pug twitching.. please help :(

Pace's Owner is offline New to the Village

Default results

urinalysis came back that there were white blood cells and cells from bladder lining in his urine. Vet says not related to tremor. Also said cells from bladder line could be a number of different things, but being he is so young maybe just infection. He will be going on antibiotics for a month
    shaynapug likes this.

pug love is offline Village Mayor

Tyson is so cute I love his teeth. He looks like he is smiling. Hope he feels better!

Karma and Kaya is offline New to the Village

Default Omg!

I can't believe what I read and saw! My pug Karma is a year and 4 months and has the same symptoms, her head bobs, her right paw stiffens when she tries to walk and her body twitches. I had her at the Vet a few times, they ran every test possible, next is X rays and an MRI. However, my girlfriend here at work heard about my dog's issues and told me that her dog had the same thing! I showed her my videos and she said that is exactly what her dog had too! The vet she went to indicated it was water behind the ear canal that affected the neurological system. The vet indicated to give it time and after a few weeks or months it will work its self out.. and so far so good. I'm so surprised to find a video that shows the exact same thing as my dog had!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson&LuLu'sMom View Post
    My oldest pug, Tyson, had twitching episodes a couple years ago. We had many blood panels run on him with no irregularities. We had a consultation with a veterinary neurologist at a teaching school, and we were days away from scheduling an MRI because no other tests were giving us any answers. He became lethargic and refused food and water, which led to the diagnosis of Canine Addison's Disease. I'm not 100% sure that the two things are related, but here is a video of one of the twitching episodes. YouTube - ‪Tyson 12.18.08 5‬‏ It was almost like an electric shock was going through his body. I recorded every time these episodes happened in a journal.
    If you have any further questions, please send me a PM, as I do not regularly check this forum.

Becky

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Doug's mummy is offline New to the Village

Hi i was just searching online to see what is causing my nearly 2 year old pug to wake up the last 2 nights and his symptoms are EXACTLY the same as your dogs. Did you ever find out what was causing them? Not sure if he's just slept funny and it's woke him up due to muscle spasm or if this is something more serious and need to take him to the vet. Thank you in advance. This is for original post! Xx
    Last edited by Doug's mummy; 06-15-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Pace's Owner is offline New to the Village

Hello! We never found the cause - when it first happen he didn't do it again for a long time. He has done it 2 times since, once was more recent and it was when he had an eye infection/enlarged prostate at same time, so I think maybe it happens when there is an infection or fever? Seems like both times he had an infection when the twitching happen. Otherwise he is healthy and fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug's mummy View Post
    Hi i was just searching online to see what is causing my nearly 2 year old pug to wake up the last 2 nights and his symptoms are EXACTLY the same as your dogs. Did you ever find out what was causing them? Not sure if he's just slept funny and it's woke him up due to muscle spasm or if this is something more serious and need to take him to the vet. Thank you in advance. This is for original post! Xx

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

It could be any of the things mentioned......could also be a spastic diaphragm at night? My Kelev would get a twitch...and kinda jump....or twitch..once...move settle twitch again...and then it was done. It was nothing.

Seeing it being nothing to worry about!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Doug's mummy is offline New to the Village

Thank you so much for replying, I had been given antibiotics Friday as he has a nail infection and the spasms started Saturday night, it's exactly what you said then, whenever there's an infection this happens! Thankfully he hasn't done it again since and is otherwise a happy healthy ( naughty ) lol pug!! Thanks again :)
    shaynapug and CountryPug like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12