Traveling Pug
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Traveling Pug

Dwkappus is offline New to the Village

Default Traveling Pug

Good Day! I have an adorable 5 month old pug puppy, Brice. I adopted him early May from a puppy mill rescue. I love him so much but have been recently accepted to study my post graduate at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, which is an amazing opportunity. I'm having some difficulty "importing" (for lack of a better term) him into the U.K.. I received official word today that he cannot enter the U.K. until after January 1, 2012 (if he entered before he would go into a 6 month quarantine). I now don't know what to do, I have already accepted the offer from the university. While I love my dog and want him to come with me I worry that it may not be best for the dog to be under someone's care for 4 months then shipped overseas. I'm really looking for some advice on what would be best for Brice in the long run!

Stazz is offline Village Admiral

When are you meant to start Uni? I'm travelling with my pugs from Dubai to the UK, and with certain requirements they don't need 6month quarantine.
    The USA is on the accepted list of Non-EU countries. So basically, you need to have his vaccinations up to date, needs to be microchipped among other things. He will need a rabies blood test, after this blood test is taken, he'll be able to travel 6 months after the date of blood extraction. This scehem is called the PETS scheme through Defra, here is a link to them for you to get more info. What pet owners need to do Defra
    Stace
    Mom to Yoda & Leia

xxx

Candice07 is offline Village Governor

Aww, i couldn't leave him behind.

Hope the above advice helps you.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5299/5412861229_3b17d3317d_z.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I have a friend that is very up on that.....if you'll private message me...I'll give you her email addy.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

+ Reply to Thread