Nutro dog food
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nutro dog food

prapplpch is offline Village Puppy

Red face Nutro dog food

Does anyone feed their pug Nutro? I just got my first pug and I will be changing her dog food as soon as possible. She scratches all the time and the vet has checked her and given her a flea treatment so we know its not that. I am giving her puppy chow because that is what she was being fed. Any help will be greatly appreciated. My Pug's name is Rosie Bella and she is about 8 weeks old, she really was too young to leave her mom but well I just couldn't let them sell her to someone else and I knew the owner would sell her no matter what and I fell in love at first sight .

DappleDoxieStaff is offline Village Royalty

I used to feed Nutro exclusively ... then they seemed to dip in quality and they increased their price. I went to Diamond Naturals. higher rated and less expensive.
    Anne

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2197629331_a45c4c5a9f_t.jpg ... & Mandy - The alleged Vicious Beast)

Dynamic Adventures of the DappleDuo

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings

Choose the highest rated food that fits your budget and agrees with your puppy.

itching (along with ear infections) is a classic sign of food allergy.

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

I was reading something along those lines. I have no experience with pug's and I am trying to pick something that will not cause her any problems since she is so young.

Marisol

Thanks, I will def look at Diamond!

Marisol

mslaurih is offline Village Mayor

OMG came here to post BEWARE OF NUTRO! Kobe has been throwing up in the middle of the night for several weeks off and on, and scratching for no reason. Finally just now hubby and I realized it all started with the new bag of Nutro food that we bought. Searched the net and called my vet...recall of Nutro, plus vet says its a terrible food. We have been feeding Kobe the Nutro Natural Choice with lamb and rice (Lite) for years. We are thinking this particular bag of food was tainted. Please pass this info around to ALL dog owners. I am praying that Kobe will get better soon and no permanent damage has been done..thanks for posting.

No, thank you! Hope Kobe gets better soon. I will be looking at other options!

mslaurih is offline Village Mayor

Our vet suggested that we switch to Purina ProPlan chicken and rice. We took the Nutro back and got the new stuff. I am so mad that for the past three weeks we have been feeding Kobe bad food! The guy at our feed store said Nutro switches their formula all the time and some dogs get sick from it. Kobe never throws up and he has been sick in the middle of the night (um, on our bed!) multiple times. Hopefully he gets better. take care, have fun with your puggy!

DappleDoxieStaff is offline Village Royalty

I'd think twice about the Purina. I have not been a fan of their feeds (dog, horse, cat) for a very long time
    Read the ingredients carefully and I think you will find them to be second rate. Use the link Lisa gave on dog food reviews and they will break it down completely :-)
    Wally 'n' Leto likes this.
    Anne

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2197629331_a45c4c5a9f_t.jpg ... & Mandy - The alleged Vicious Beast)

Dynamic Adventures of the DappleDuo

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

I am doing as much research as I can, I NEED to change that puppy to something that isn't corn or wheat first and I want to make sure my puggy does well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast