Pugs and Ear Infections???
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pugs and Ear Infections???

Default Pugs and Ear Infections???

I have a pug that is roughly 5 years old. When we first got her she didn't have any of problems, but then this past February we got awaken by her, she had an inner ear infection. What we don't get is we give her baths at least once a month and everytime we give her a bath we always clean her ears out very throroughly. And then it seems like every two to three months she starts yelping and the last time she did we took her to the vet and they gave us the meds and ear stuff. But it just seems like our dog, she just keeps getting ear infections. I am just curious if anyone else has this problem and if there is a way to make it stop?? Look forward to hearing from yall.

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Is it from yeast? I clean Tinker's ears once a week and if she gets wet, I put the cleaner in her ears. Did the vet tell you what the source of the infection was?
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

vlatkopuglover is offline Village Puppy

MY ex girl friend has a pug which has constantly problems with ear infections ,

Now he is on 2 months antibiotic for some stupid bacteria found in ear.

Also he is diagnosed with chronic ear infection and had operation for that in Sofia Bulgaria

The dog is going in circles and it will be like that until hes alive... too bad for him and too bad that the doctors in my country didnt tell us about that operation when all that circus started..

You can find a topic here i guess , her username is JelenaKing maybe you can msg her for more info

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Some pugs have very narrow ear canals which makes them more prone to infections. You can help by cleaning their ears regularly with a proper ear cleaner (NEVER with water). If they also tend to be itchy or lick their paws a lot they could have yeast issues or allergies and changing diet to a grain free version would be well worth a try.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

Chronic ear infections are usually tied to food allergies. What are you feeding, including treats and any edible chews?

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread