Poor Snorkey is vomiting
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 6 Beautiful Pugs

Thread: Poor Snorkey is vomiting

Bernadette is offline New to the Village

Unhappy Poor Snorkey is vomiting

My male pug, Snorkey, has been getting up between 5-6 a.m. for the last week and vomiting small amounts of thick yellow bile. He usually does it twice and after being cleaned up goes back to sleep. A couple of years ago he did this and I remembered reading that his stomach was probably empty and he needed to eat something before bed. Since then I started giving him a dog treat before bed and everything was fine until this past week. We are going to the vet's on Saturday but I was wondering if anyone else ever had this problem with their dog.

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

Nothing worse than 3 am barf clean up. Yuk. We had that problem with Wally, it turned out that his food was not agreeing with him. We also started out thinking it was an empty stomach, but giving a light snack before bed did not help him at all. He has a sensitive tummy that we are managing with diet and he still has occasional difficulties. We give him 1/2 pepcid for a couple of days when it happens, but best to have Snorkey checked by the vet before going that route.

I hope Snorkey feels better soon!
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

It would not hurt to give him a 1/4 of a human Tagamet (cimetidine) or 1/2 of a Zantac (ranitidine) before bed each night. if it continues despite the medication, I would have him seen, especially if it is ever blood streaked.

Does he have any other health problems or take any meds regularly, like rimadyl or aspirin?

Take care,
    Lisa
    CSollers likes this.
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Hope they figure out what's going on and he feels better soon.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Bernadette is offline New to the Village

Default Snorkey

Thankfully there is no blood or sign of bleeding. I think I will try the pepcid until I see the vet. Snorkey's not on any medicines but we recently changed his food to Natural Balance but that was a month ago. I would have thought a problem would have occurred sooner but I could be wrong. He does not vomit after eating....it's always in the a.m.

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Not saying it's absolutely the food but when my dogs were on Natural Balance 1 of my 4 Pugs would vomit once or twice a week. Now that I've switched them to Taste of the Wild........no more throwing up.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

+ Reply to Thread