Spaying - Changes in temperment
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spaying - Changes in temperment

Jellybean is offline New to the Village

Default Spaying - Changes in temperment

I wanted to ask other pug owners if spaying there female pug had any difference on temperament or energy levels? I have a 4 and half year old little girl called Jellbean, she is adorable (of course shes a pug), we bred from her last year and she was an amazing mummy however I've decided not to breed again, Jellybean is my first pug I previously had Italian Spinones and I am now considering having her spayed and wanted to know if there was any changes people had noticed in their pugs? I don't want to loose my loving little shadow!

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

We had Tinker spayed before she was a year old and we didn't notice any personality change at all.The energy levels change as they age.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

arthursmom is offline Village Senator

Every female dog I have ever owned was spayed and I never saw any difference in their temperment/personality.
    Carol
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Mom to pugs Romano and Momma Mia, and waiting at the Bridge my beautiful Golden, Meg, my heart pug Arthur (Bubbie), Miranda ,Winston,Frank and forever fosters Groucho, Cornelius and Gramps.
    [

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

myangel167 is offline Village Mayor

I know this isnt about a pug, but I had my chiweenie spayed about a month and a half ago...and I swear she has changed a lot. she seems more "on edge" and crabby now. I am still all for spaying, and I wouldnt take it back if I could...and i aalso plan on spaying my pug in april, but i was just so shocked. my chiweenie was 13 months old when I got her spayed...so I am hoping because i am going to spay my pug at 6 months that she wont have such emotional side effects
    -Dorothy & Graces Mommy :)

+ Reply to Thread