Demodex! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Demodex!

amanda is offline New to the Village

Default mange

Hi so my 3 pugs have mange, now the one Skeeter has it was worse than Duncan and Deliela , it is true that you will need to feed them good food, I dont even feed skeeter dog food his is so bad, he gets fish, raw meat, chicken veggies ( plus he loves that). I was having such a hard time I researched it a lot , now some puppies will just grow out of it as their emmune system gets better maybe around 1-2 yrs old. I fed Deliela good food and in a couple months it went away and she looks beautiful now, Duncan is 8 months old and he has pretty much got rid of it from the formula and good food, but Skeeter I have my hands full but what i really recommend is this wash you leave on the dogs, like I said I have 3 with mange and this helped all of them, the vets just want your money and no vaccines should be given to a dog with mange, even when they were to give you antibiotics they fight bacteria but the anibiotics dont distinguish bewteen bacteria they will kill the good bacteria which the poor immune system will need, so anyhow, i use this formula, 1 cup of 3% peroxide, 2 cups of water, 3 tbsp of Borax ( laundry detergent ) you mix it up, I put my dog in the bath give them a normal bath then empty the water out and you get a sponge and sponge this on them and you do not dry them, this formula will have to stay on them and dry as the peroxide will help the skin absorb the borax which kills the mange ( plus it is good for fleas, and tics as well!) . My dogs had no hair on their back, head and legs, now Duncan you cant even tell he had it, same will Deliela, Skeeter looks way better then he did, so for him it is slowly working, I do it every 3-4 days for Skeeter as he has it bad. Hope it helps it was a god sent formlua for me.

TNPUGMOMOF2 is offline Village Royalty

Ivermectin and Promeris work great for demodex. I would not try a home remedy, but that is just me. It can be painful and I am just not willing to let any animal suffer. Demodex is not contaigous, but sarcoptic (sp?) is.
    Marci - pugmom to Lola, Bella, Hank & BIG brother Odin the English Mastiff.

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

One of my last fosters was given oral ivermection liquid for 30 days. I used to use Promeris but I think it is off the market or at least I didn't see it when I went looking. That was when I was using chemical topicals as I don't now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Jessie87 is offline Village Puppy

My heart is with u and Skeeter :)
    The medication the new vet gave me is working good, there is progress..it's Advocate, alludex dip and antibiotics cuz Buck had wounds, today is shower time!!
    But the itching is the worst part..I'm going to the vet tomorrow for a check up so I hope it goes well :)
    Ya demodex isn't contagious, sarcoptic is..
    Stupid mites!!!!
    “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.”
    ― Samuel Butler

Jessie87 is offline Village Puppy

So we took Buck to the vet, she said the mites r dying but his secondary infection is her priority now cuz his poor face is reddish :( she gave him antibiotics, anti histamine, advocate and the dip... I'm keeping my fingers crossed
    “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.”
    ― Samuel Butler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12