Going in crate ever night. HELP!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Going in crate ever night. HELP!!!!!!

mishoga is offline Village Mayor

Question Going in crate ever night. HELP!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been on here. I've been working a lot to catch up as playing with my pups for months has taken it's toll on my business.

Anyway, I am going to try to get my girl to the vet today. I hope I can.

Boy going to be a year, he is fine. Girl "Sahara" is 10 months.

For almost a week now every night she is pooping in her cage. Kind of mucosy. She had a full day of diarhea for an entire day and had her gated in the foyer. This is when the crate accidents started to happen. Also had some food issues (priori to this) as I ran out and had to supplement another flavor of same brand. Then when she had the diahrea I made her boiled chicken and rice.
    for the most part she was doing fine with crating and training. Not sure if she ate something out in the garden or if my son or husband gave her something to eat (which I object to completely). This is behind my back of course.

I think it could be her anal sacs as she is fixed but my boy is obsessed with humping her and she is smelling funky.

Can the anal sacs cause this problem or is she off schedule from the bad stomach day? I know it could be anything but thought some of you might have some insight

I'm getting tired of the bed washings, crap on the carpet when she leaves the crate, crap on me, the smell and washing her and the crate daily.

Also, both of them are getting a little rougher playing with each other, and more destructive. I have to limit their access in the house when not supervised and clear the area out. My girl is into everything turning into a bad little girl. They both together destroyed their new bed so now they can not have a pillow bed until they grow up a little more.

Normal to go through the naughty phase around this age?
    May we all be kind and full of love

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

I'd get her to a vet, mucousy stools are not normal.She may be misbehaving because she doesn't feel well.Let us know what the vet says.Hope it's an easy fix.
    Lola's Mum likes this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Yeah, just waiting for them to open. Already bagged some poop so hopefully I can figure out what's going on.
    SHE otherwise is acting normal except for being naughty. Worst part is once I see her tail wag and her whole back body move along with that tail I want to smoosh those big flappy cheeks. She gets away with so much.

I'll tell ya what the doctor says.

What about behavior as they grow older. Is it normal for them , especially a female to be more assertive as she ages? She's taking away bones from my Mojo where as it use to be the other way around. He in turn is getting more aggressive with her. Their playtime is getting very rough. It concerns me.

Is their an indestructible bed?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Lola's Mum is offline Village Governor

Someone on here (I think it was Harriet's mum) got a bed that was supposed to be indestructible...hopefully she will pipe up. I want to say it as an AKC branded bed - but don't quote me on that.

I hope the vet gives you some answers! I don't have much advice, as I only have 1 dog - not sure why they are getting more rough as they get older...but Jackie may be right, she may be acting out b/c she's in pain.
    I'm Caryn, from Charlotte, NC...

My pug, Lola, is 7 months old :) Follow Lola on Facebook!

Cheryl7777 is offline Village Admiral

I have 3 Pugs, one girl and two boys. Gracie May doesn't play too much with they boys, but she is older. The two boys are 3 and 4 years old. They can get pretty rough when they play and it's not a good idea to get in their way because you could get knocked over. I usually let them play as long as it is playing and maybe a pugtona around the house and up and down the stairs. This gets the burst of energy out of their system and then they settle down. If it looks like they are getting too rough we sometimes use a spray bottle to break it up or a tin can with some coins in it. We just shake the can and it makes a scary noise and they all retreat to separate corners. I try not to use the spray or coins too often because I don't want them to get descensatized to it, but sometimes it has to be done. Good luck at the vet, I hope your little girl gets better really soon. Keep us posted.

myboysRmylife is offline Village Admiral

Diesel just had a bout of this; a poo sample showed clostridium perfrigens. He just finished a 10 day course of metronidazole & proviable; fixed him right up! Thank heavens, because cleaning up after his 127 lb. butt was no fun. My bedroom carpet will never be the same.
    Take care when cleaning up the messes; clostridium can pass to humans.

Ugh!!! On my way out the door now to the vet. Let you know what they say. It's a new vet too

OK, so we were there for awhile (which I like). He was very nice and talked to me and my son a long time.

He feels that the mucus in her stool is a reaction to something she ate and her intestines are inflamed ard trying to expel whatever was ingested.

He really wants us to narrow down what we feed her (them). Only products made in the USA that are grain free. That means Bully sticks made in the USA. He told me a name but honestly I never heard of it before but I remember it started with a "M". I'll have to call there again to get that name.

Some of you know I had a problem with both of them scratching like crazy. Well that simmered down a lot but didn't completely stop. BUT they don't have to be on benedryl 2x a day either. They both seem to go through scratching phases. With her sometimes it's bad enough that she chews the hair right off of her tail. I wanted that checked out too. My other vet always gave her a steroid shot. The was a bandaid.

He felt she might have a few fleas. He didn't see them but he said sometimes two or three can scoot around their body and keep biting them, jumping back and forth on the two of them. He asked me how often I vacuum and thank god I'm a little obsessive with that. I vacuum 2-3 a day (I can't handle the hair, not good for my business since I sell high end yogawear).
    Anyway, he said I probably vacuum the critters up because I do it so often. I also wasn't putting on the flea treatment correctly which would explain the scratching from either fleas or flea bites. The other vet never told me I had to apply the flea treatment either 48 hours before bathing or 48 hours after bathing. I was bathing them and that night putting it on before I put them in their crates.

He asked me about shampooing and told me to stop using my shampoos. He gave me a script shampoo and fake tears for bathing. The name of the shampoo is PhytoVet P.

He asked me about my food choice (Natural Balance L.I. Sweet Potatoe & Bison) and said that was good food. He asked about treats. I told him I gave them marrow bones boiled. He said to give raw, preferably organic.

He put her on antibiotics for 7 days because some areas of her skin were hairless and red (just in case).

SOOOOOOOOO, I need to go back in seven days.

Oh, opinion please..........I asked his thoughts about spraying the backyard down to decrease all insects. he said definitely. he also said Home depot has a good product that is animal friendly.

He felt if my dogs didn't need to go swimming, then keep them out of the pool because that decreases the potency of the flea treatments.

He doesn't suggest allergy testing at this point. He wants to narrow everything down then see if that helps but he also said this year is a terrible year for fleas in the northeast because of our warm winter.

So we are to continue with feeding like normal with probiotic, absolutely no table scraps (which I think my son and husband will stop now that this visit cost $175) and only grain free snacks and raw organic marrow bones, and 7 days of antibiotics, then back for re-check.

They have stool sample so they will call me with results next week.

otherwise, he said she is a very healthy 17 lb pug.

What do I know? I'll see if I wake to poop in the crate. He said I have to be patient for her system to return to normal.

I wanted to give details here just in case any lurking readers are going through same thing. Maybe you could get some hints. Maybe someone like me was applying the flea treatment wrong. Don't you think the other vet should of told me how to apply it properly?

Quote Originally Posted by myboysRmylife View Post
    Diesel just had a bout of this; a poo sample showed clostridium perfrigens. He just finished a 10 day course of metronidazole & proviable; fixed him right up! Thank heavens, because cleaning up after his 127 lb. butt was no fun. My bedroom carpet will never be the same.
    Take care when cleaning up the messes; clostridium can pass to humans.
    I can't even imagine owning a 127 dog. God bless you

myboysRmylife is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by mishoga View Post
    I can't even imagine owning a 127 dog. God bless you
    He's down from 136; we're working on getting him to 120. He's only 3, but already has some arthritis along with bilateral hip dysplasia. Want to keep his giant legs working well for as long as possible!
    He's very well house broken; I knew we had a problem when he couldn't hold it long enough to make it outside. I'm sorry you have to wait so long for the sample results; thankfully mine was done on the spot. I can't weigh in on the other issues; luckily Bruno the pug has never had sensitivities. Hope your baby feels better soon! Poo problems are no fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast