As if I didn't have enough to worry about...
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By poleysmama
  • 1 Post By Tinker's mom
  • 1 Post By gemayer
  • 1 Post By shaynapug
  • 1 Post By BuggLover

Thread: As if I didn't have enough to worry about...

poleysmama is offline Village Mayor

Default As if I didn't have enough to worry about...

So after a scary diagnosis yesterday with Napoleon, I decided to take the kids to the dog park this morning since it was nice and cool this morning in CO and i think they could sense worry in me.. so we let them loose in the little dog area. Matilda and Poley were having fun mingling with other puppies and people and one minute Matilda's right there and the next I can't see her. I look over and see her chomping away at something so I ran over thinking it was just poop or something (EW) but it was a MUSHROOM! she ran from me as usual when i see her eating things outside and my husband got close enough to her to snatch it from her mouth. I'm not sure how much if any she actually injested but i kept the evidence in a ziploc bag in the fridge so that if she shows ANY signs of posioning i have it with me! I don't know what to do anymore, get a plastic bubble for my pugs and never leave their side, or just accept the fact that there's dangers everywhere and just go with the flow....URGH!

Here's the little toot Matilda on moving day last year...typical sprawled out pug stance!
    prayers nothing hurts her!

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Prayers she's okay! Did you call your vet?
    poleysmama likes this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

yes, she said to just watch for any weird signs in the next few hours. and bring her in immediately if so. she doesnt like to induce vomitting or do an enemas in pugs unless the signs are there. the mushroom seems to be whole with puggie teeth marks in it so hopefully that's a good sign...we'll see...everyone loooves the waiting game!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

gemayer is offline Village Princess Puggy Pants

Thank goodness hope all is ok. We have had lots of rain here and my back yard has them I have to go out on mushroom patrol before they come out. The pug is the only one that bothers them.
    poleysmama likes this.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Fingers crossed the only got a taste! I HATE mushrooms! Do a walk of my yard a least 3 times a day! You think you have them all or there are none...and 5 minutes later.....there's one....!!!
    poleysmama likes this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

BuggLover is offline Village Governor

I can relate to this completely. A couple of weeks ago Winston did the same thing in the backyard because the stupid things keep springing up with the rain, I was able to pull it out of his mouth almost immediately. He ended up having no problems at all from it but you can never tell if they have injested any of it. Hopefully Matilda is okay!
    poleysmama likes this.

well it's about 5 hours later and no signs of weirdness...i think i'll feel better probably in the morning if she pees and poops normally, and has slept through the night without symptoms....this problem is EXTREMELY frustrating...Matilda is condemmed to being on a leash at all times outside until i can train her out of her pug like tendencies i guess....

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Sounds like she's going to be fine, hope nothing occurs tonight.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

BuggLover is offline Village Governor

Quote Originally Posted by poleysmama View Post
    well it's about 5 hours later and no signs of weirdness...i think i'll feel better probably in the morning if she pees and poops normally, and has slept through the night without symptoms....this problem is EXTREMELY frustrating...Matilda is condemmed to being on a leash at all times outside until i can train her out of her pug like tendencies i guess....
    At this point it's likely that she is out of the woods and she either didn't ingest any of the mushroom or it was non-poisonous. When Winston tried to eat one I looked them up and although there do seem to be a few that are poisonous to dogs there also seem to be alot that aren't :p

Tiny's Mum is offline Village VP

We have had some very weird looking mushrooms come up after rain, all dangerous in my eyes, but Tiny doesn't seem to bother with them. I still pull them out, don't touch her until I've washed my hands and keep an eye on her as I was sure the smell would attract her to them. It's hard to do this sometimes without drawing her attention to them. Maybe there are elves and fairies under them, chasing her away!

+ Reply to Thread