How much does your pug sleep?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How much does your pug sleep?

hugecanoli is offline Village Mayor

Default How much does your pug sleep?

I'm just curious if my dog is sleeping too much. I've heard that pugs sleep a lot- but how much is too much?

Russ is offline Village Royalty
    Northern Virginia-Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

Mz Tilly is looking to take the crown and challenges all comers to a sleep-off.

A week or so ago my housemate wrapped her blanket around her, it was still around her when I got home. So she was toasty warm for 8-9 hours, no trek to the kitchen for water, no barks at the window, no nothing. I think that was an abberation though. She will usually bark at the postman. It was the first cold day of the winter and I had not turned the heat

I would guess anywhere from 10 to 16 hours. But some of that time she is just resting not sleeping

anubis is offline Village Puppy

my pug, pink and violet normally sleeps 8 to 10 hours a day. but when i am not the busy, they usually play with me and my kids for as long as possible.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

tucker18 is offline Village Puppy

It really depends on the day for Tucker, most days he will just lay around all day with a combination of resting and sleeping. He is usually up around 7:30am and not back in his cage until 11pm so if I had to guess I would say atleast 10 hours of that time is him resting/sleeping.
    On another note too though when we first got him at 9 weeks ( he is 10 months old now) he slept all the time!! He would have little moments of energy then it was right back to sleeping

Lisanne is offline Village Mayor

Priya sleeps around 8-10 hours a day and through the night as well..
    Lisanne
    Mummy to Priya The Pug and Holle The American Eskimo
    RIP Trixie the Tibbie (3/31/2003 - 1/3/2012)

Loopythepug is offline Village Senator

Mine is one year old and during the day he pretty much only sleeps when I'm at school which is normally about 5 hours. At night though he can sleep endlessly, I have to drag him out of bed for the morning walk. I guess it depends a lot on their age, mine is still very active, I'm sure he will slow down in the future.

hugecanoli is offline Village Mayor

Thanks!

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

I work the night shift so they will sleep with me off and on all day in between potty breaks for the fosters. They also sleep all night from 10 pm to 0730 when I get home from work. When the weather is nice sometimes I will just sleep outside so they can play chase. My new overweight foster is getting great exercise trying to chase my mom's dog. It's like watching the turtle chase the hare. But yes they sleep alot. If I happen to be up during the day they will follow me around everywhere from room to room and sleep off and on, chew bones or antlers.

angie@ihr.mrc.ac.uk is offline New to the Village

I work full time but always pop home at lunch to give Vinnie (1yr old) a walk around the block, he sleep through the night (10.30pm - 7am). I leave at 8.30am, position him in the living room close to his bed, where's he's all content (sitting happily waiting for me to close the door) and fully aware of the routine and I return between 12.30pm and 1.30pm spend an active 40/50 mins with him and I get home at 5.30pm. When I get home he's usually in the same position and has a good stretch and we have lazy cuddles and fuss for a couple of mins before he starts running about causing mayhem.

Libby2 is offline Village Admiral

I was just reading an article in an old issue of National Geographic on the number of hours a variety of animals sleep, and how that's due to their lifestyle, survival etc. Everyone here stated the exact number of hours a dog sleeps...10.5

Bottoms Up!
    Spanky & Libby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast