Anybody got any ideas on how to curb a puggie addiction?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By CSollers
  • 1 Post By AmyR

Thread: Anybody got any ideas on how to curb a puggie addiction?

AmyR is offline Village Ninja Pug

Default Anybody got any ideas on how to curb a puggie addiction?

I wasn't going to bother people with this (it seems a but daft!) but....
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with their pug eating grass constantly?? Will does it all the time. He will bark and come and get me or scratch the back door when he wants to go out to the toilet but then not come back in until he has eaten grass / plants for 5 minutes or so, running round the garden.
    The vet says hes not concerned because he has not got a poorly stomach (and thats what eating grass indicates) but surely its unusual??
    I've tried chasing him round / spraying deterrents (can't spray the whole garden though!) / changing his food / playing with a ball outside to distract him but no..... he still gets the grass.
    Do you think he'll just grow out of it?? i hope so !
    Amy
    ~ Will's mum and servant!
    And now mummy to puppy Charlie too! Who said pugs are addictive?! :)

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Brittany Wrangler

If he's still a puppy, they like to put everything in their mouths, including grass, all part of learning. If you have spring grasses coming up, for some reason, it seems to be very tasty to puppies and adults alike. Both of mine have been out grazing like a couple of cows lol.

Christa, Mom to Toby, Kelsey, Summer & Ellie Mae

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

karine is offline Village Governor

Aye I think it's a live and learn thing! When I first brought Lawrence home it was sand.. And cleaning sand out of a nose roll is hard!! They will learn that it's borin after a while and food is much nicer! He doesn't eat sand now, just leaves :D

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

I thought this was going to be about addiction to Pugs, lol.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and jaodo like this.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by CSollers View Post
    I thought this was going to be about addiction to Pugs, lol.
    lol. I've definately got one of those. I keep mentioning to my partner how Will needs a canine friend.....haven't got anywhere yet as he's being sensible (do I realise vet bills would double / do I realise food consumption would double / where would we put the second cage etc etc) but maybe i'll get there !

for now one pug with an addiction to (legal) grass is enough to cope with!! bless him :) He's even got a favourite plant pot in the garden which he nicks leaves out of!! He was eating rhubarb leaves until mum mentioned they are poisonous......so we lost our source of rhubarb crumble!!
    Amy

And it's nice to know it's not just our pug who likes to be a cow! I was worried coz I thought it meant they were ill basically but he's been doing it since 12 weeks old.lol.
    Humping the carpet was his other addiction and we've wiped that one out so maybe it is part of the 'puppyness'!
    Amy

puglyfe is offline Village Puppy

My 10 year old Basset Hound loves grass, always has. We have tried multiple things but nothing stops him, especially the grass that grows by the fence seems to be his favorite. I guess dogs just have tastes for different things. Just bee glad its organic. My little pug is obsessed with the stuffing inside of stuffed animals and blankets. I can't coundt how much of my time is spent pulling it out of his mouth.

mieu is offline Village Senator

When Scootaloo is super riled up and then asks to go out, she will go bulldozer mode on the grass but mostly because she wants me to chase her and stick my hands in her mouth to get it out. Does he mostly do it when he's in hyper mode or hasn't played in a while?

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, till the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Scootaloo's Page!

Quote Originally Posted by mieu View Post
    When Scootaloo is super riled up and then asks to go out, she will go bulldozer mode on the grass but mostly because she wants me to chase her and stick my hands in her mouth to get it out. Does he mostly do it when he's in hyper mode or hasn't played in a while?
    I'd love to say yes but nope, it's at any time!! :) What's even more bizarre (to me) is that this only seems to be when he's in his own garden and not when we are on the park......!! Whoever said puppies have a mind of their own was spot on :)
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Amy

+ Reply to Thread