Allergies
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Allergies

buddypug is offline Village Puppy

Default Allergies

Hi,

I live in Arizona. Our pug Buddy (around a few weeks ago) has started having allergy issues. He's been on benadryl and some steroid drops we can give him every 12 hours, recommended by the vet. They seem to stave them off cyclically but his eyes only stay good for a short period of time. By the time he's due for benadryl again his right eye is droopy... besides the fact his eyes are constantly bugging him his energy is basically none because he's constantly drugged up. Just hoping to hear advice, similar stories, what seems to work, etc? Thanks you! Michael p.s. he's around 4 or so... hoping this is temporary and definiteily allergies... oh also... these flared quite shortly after we put in new paving stones and plants... bougainvillas, lantanas and orange jubilees...

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Tinker has seasonal allergies in the spring and Zyretec works well for us. What are you feeding? They can become allergic to different proteins that you feed as well.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

buddypug is offline Village Puppy

He's been on wellness food never changed his diet - never noticed allergy problems until this year. I'm hoping its just bad season here and maybe with the new plants they flared up. In the last day or so he seems to be doing ok just on drops... I will try zyrtec if it continues though - thanks!

Michael

+ Reply to Thread