Ear infection.....
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ear infection.....

najohn is offline Village Puppy

Default Ear infection.....

Has anyone ever had there pugs or any dog acting as though they were drunk. My 1 year old Rebel stumbles, falls down, acts like he can't see well at times, balance is off, and won't jump on or off anything. It lasted about a week and then he seemed fine. It started again so I took him to the vet and he was diagnosed with an ear infection and given ear drops, pain meds and an antibiotic. He was given an exray and complete physical with no answers. They suggested an MRI but it is something I just cannot afford to do and I am heartbroken for him. The meds seeded to work after about a week and he was getting better. Then all of a sudden the symtoms have all come back again. He isn't in any pain, at least he doesn't show it or act like it. The only thing that changed since he was born was that his food was changed from puppy to small adult. Same kind and brand. I feel so helpless and am wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I haven't experienced this with my pugs, but the inner ear does control balance so it makes sense that a bad ear infection could affect balance. If it returned after the med's were done then maybe he needs a longer course of med's or maybe a different type? I can understand how worrisome it would be to see that. I sure hope Rebel is feeling better soon.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Prayers it's his ears and he get s the right med with a speedy recovery.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

+ Reply to Thread