rescued pug . - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: rescued pug .

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Thanks for taking them in. No Pug deserves that kind of treatment. Their resilience is pretty amazing, I'm sure she'll come around. I strongly believe you should look into having them spayed and neutered.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

amittiwari is offline Village Puppy

Thanks for taking two guys, you're amazing. And I am amazed how that old fart hit lil girl, how can someone hit a pug :( .
    Well I also have a girl and you don't have to do anything else to gain her trust except than just be with her. Sit on the ground and let her come to you automatically and one more thing you can do is to bump your nose with her, it sounds silly but it works. My baby girl love it, I do this in the morning when she is sleepy and she will just lick my nose 2-3 times and wiggle her tail with happiness.

klbsmommy14 is offline New to the Village

She started playing with me a lil bit this morning and even came to me a few times, she finally raised her tail and was running around outside . I want to change her name but Idk if I should , she really don't answer to her name at all . I want her to have a new beginning. She's not hiding anymore either . I used to do the nose thing with my black pug ( he passed away June of last year he was my baby). The male is very friendly I pulled another tick off of him a few min ago I guess I over looked it . He acts like he can't hear , which is no big deal I've dealt with def pugs and blind ones, I'm going to look into getting him fixed , I'm going to wait with the girl since she's been through so much right now I don't want to set her back any. But I will get her fixed too. Im so glad my fiance is so understanding lol . My house is almost pug nation lol
    Loconn55 and staticjess like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Bless you for rescuing these precious ones. Patience and love will win them over in no time. Personally, I would give them new names to go with their new lives in their loving forever home.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

staticjess is offline Village Governor

So glad to hear everyone is doing well. And it sounds like you will be a good mom for them ! I think most dogs adapt well to new names, there are several on here that have done that with rescues. Like you said, it would giver her a fresh start. I say go for it!

dpcb is offline Village Puppy

thanks for taking the pugs in and giving them a forever home. This makes me happy.
    Hopefully in time, they will feel very comfortable in their new home.

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

They are so lucky that you have given them a new lease on life! I too would change her name after all she probably didn't hear it often!
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

klbsmommy14 is offline New to the Village

It's been tough . She still is running from me an pulling away when she's on a leash ( only way I can keep her from running away ) Idk what else to I've tried slow approach talking nice and treats. It's slowly working but very very slowly . Any other advice would help. She had to of been severely abused .

jphillips is offline New to the Village

Good for you for rescuing! Both my pugs are rescued and my one had some serious issues with anxiety and aggression. It took a lot of patience and a lot of work, but he has come so far. When I first got him I was also concerned about our bonding as we didn't quite mesh like my other pug and I. Looking back, I think he didn't trust me. Over time, that changed. You would never know he was the same dog. Rescuing is a lot of work but so worth it!

Mom to Lucy is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by klbsmommy14 View Post
    It's been tough . She still is running from me an pulling away when she's on a leash ( only way I can keep her from running away ) Idk what else to I've tried slow approach talking nice and treats. It's slowly working but very very slowly . Any other advice would help. She had to of been severely abused .
    She might not know what a leash is, or that's how the old man kept her close enough to abuse her. Short training sessions with lot of high value treats might help her with the leash. Do you use a collar or a harness? I'd use whatever the old man didn't use.
    Christine Honorary Pug Parent. Wrangler of Bunny the crazy EP and Maverick the soon to be huge black Labrador. Mom to one human child, wife to a wonderful hubby, and entertained by a couple of fishies.
    Forever missing our Bugsy Francis - 04/13/05 - 05/24/17 and Lucy Loo - 10/13/2005 - 12/27/2020.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast