rescued pug .
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: rescued pug .

klbsmommy14 is offline New to the Village

Default rescued pug .

Today I rescued two pugs , the female is very skiddish of everyone and everything, they said she had one pup and it was given away Friday . And the male dog had been ok except for his food and water being so gross . But the girl has a bad sore on the back of her neck which I am treating . But my question is should i be concerned that she only had one pup ?? she acts fine but very scared . And any advise on how to get her to trust me would be appreciated thnk you

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Hello & to the village! Thanks for adopting! Sounds like you have your hands full with two. I have no experience with this but I think it will probably take time and patience on your part for her to come around. Have they been to your vet? Keep us posted on their progress and post pics when you can, we do love pics!
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Be patient with her as she's probably been thru a lot. I remember when we first got Sienna, it was tail down much of the time and she did not trust my husband at all (the puppy miller was a male). Let her get used to your house and your schedules. They like routine, so get into a routine with her.

Welcome to the Village and Thank you for rescueing these two and saving their lives.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

staticjess is offline Village Senator

and welcome! And a big THANK YOU for giving these two a new life. As others have said, it will take time but they will come around. They just need to be loved and cared for. There are lots of great people on here, who I'm sure will chime in with more specific ways to help.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Thank you for rescuing these two!

It is not abnormal at all for a single pup to be born......tho there might have been one or two that didn't make it in the litter.

I would do a vet check on them! Unless you got them from a rescue that has recently vet checked them.

As for her fears...you don't know what happened to her. Or how attached she was to where she was living!! Time, love and patience should do the trick! If you have $$$, an animal communicator might help by finding out the cause and assuring her all is well....
    CSollers likes this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

I got them straight from the owner who claimed to have taken them to the vet , I vnt had the chance to do so just yet but I will be making them a visit this weekend. My brother took in the older male to work with him in his home so I can give the girl more one on one attention . The owner was an old ornery man . He would hit the girl with a cane. She's starting to come around . I have been taking care of pug for 14 Years , but they're all different but they are all loving . I've been giving her treats after pottying an I'll pet her when I can . I gave her a bath and doctored her large sore on her neck . She's already looking 50% better than yesterday . Thank you all for welcoming me and my new pug .
    Hellas likes this.

Pug Auntie is offline Village Admiral

Thank you so much for taking them in. Old man or not, I'd like to wack him with a cane and see how he likes it. What the heck is wrong with people? No wonder she is scared. Just give her time. It sounds like you are bonding already.
    Glad you will be getting her to a vet soon. Were you able to get any medical history on them?
    Nina_W likes this.

Ron
    Ron is offline Village Mayor

Just another thank you for taking in those two Pugs. Please do keep us posted on how the girl is coming around.

I wasn't able to get any history on them, but today she's getting more and more close to me . Icthink its the food lol . And treats are helping a lot . Her big scab came off earlier and I'm putting more less on her neck

Mom to Lucy is offline Village Admiral

Patience, gentle reassurance and kind words, softly spoken will bring the little one around. Sounds like she's warming up to you already.
    It takes time for them to realize that they're in a safe place, and once they decide to come out of their shell, they never look back.
    Thank you for taking the time to rescue these two.
    Christine Honorary Pug Parent. Wrangler of Bunny the crazy EP and Maverick the black Labrador. Mom to one human child, wife to a wonderful hubby. Counting the days to retirement....
    Forever missing our Bugsy Francis - 04/13/05 - 05/24/17 and Lucy Loo - 10/13/2005 - 12/27/2020.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast