HELP with Acne or something else?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP with Acne or something else?

valentina is offline Village Puppy

Default HELP with Acne or something else?

Hi everyone

Hope this works. I tried several times to post and it would log me out. I had to reset my password as I haven't been on here since Curtis was a pup.

Anyway, here goes.

My two and a half year old Pug has developed two "zits" on either side of his nostril above within the fold if I can describe it as such, please see the images below.

My husband and I recently got a new puppy - 10 week old Conrad. He also has a small pimple above his left eye and one next to his right eye a little bit larger than the left eye one, I just noticed tonight.

Please help me with any advice as to what they may be - or if it should be a concern and worth a vet visit - or if it is just acne and will go away in due time.

Here is some background info. Curtis has had the odd small pimple (usually related to diet - if he stays with the in laws they feed him all sorts of food - and the occasional bone to graze on in the backyard) … but they are always SMALL and go away after a few days.

Curtis has never had any health issues - he has his annual vet visits and vaccinations and worming treatments. He has never had flea control as he never gets any fleas. I think I gave him Advocate once when he was a puppy because he had ear mites, but that was a problem when he was about 10 weeks old and long since gone.

Now, the breeder said she had given Conrad Advocate for Puppies before I picked him up as her pups had fleas.
    So Conrad has had his pup vaccinations plus flea control.

I have no idea what this is .. but I am quite concerned as Curtis's zits looks quite big, red and inflamed… I have been wiping them with salt water twice a day and it does look like a bit of improvement in what I can notice in 1 day.

I am concerned as I have never seen him have anything like his before.

I am also worried that maybe it is an infection - and I am worried because a work friend is coming to visit in two days and bringing her 6 month old…I am a little bit worried if it is an infection of some sort it is not a good idea to have visitors.

Please help with any advice.

[/IMG]

Last edited by valentina; 06-04-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    Valentina, Proud Mama of Curtis, born 21 October 2011 and Conrad, born 21 March 2014

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

What handsome guys! Are you using stainless or ceramic bowls? I'd eliminate all plastics, bowls, toys, etc for now and see if that helps.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

valentina is offline Village Puppy

Thanks Tinker's mom.
    Valentina, Proud Mama of Curtis, born 21 October 2011 and Conrad, born 21 March 2014

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

JoanneN is offline Village Governor

I'd take him to the vet. Could be MCTs. Good luck.

shaynapug is online now True Village Royalty

It's probably pimples...but best to check on them! There are topical meds that might be given...or sometimes oral meds if they're bad enough. When my guys had zits in their nose roll...I was given mometamax.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

It's worth running this past the vet just to be sure. In the meantime the salt water wipes should help and I second the advice to switch to stainless steel or ceramic bowls if you currently use plastic.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

+ Reply to Thread