+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Blood In The Poo! PLEASE HELP!!

Dexter pug is offline Village Puppy

Default Blood In The Poo! PLEASE HELP!!

Hello,

I'm very worried about my pug.
    I bought a 9 week old pug on Saturday and everyday he has been pooing around 12 times a day. I'm not to sure if this has been a change in his food or what. The poos have been soft and sometimes runny and sometime contain bits of blood. At night he would go out for a poo and wee however when he wakes me up at 6 am there would be still atleast 3 poos around my living room which some may have blood in or around it. The breeder says he has been wormed but hasn't had his jabs.

I took him the vets Monday and they done a few checks on him i.e. weight, heart rate etc and he says he looks fine and have gave us Panacur Suspension to take once a day for 3 days and some Pro-Colin To take twice a day for 5 days. We have started giving him weetabix (half of 1) in the morning followed by another 3 small meals throughout the day. We are feeding him pets at home brand food(wainwrights) throughout the day.

He looks fine in his self, still eating and drinking fine and still full of energy. He does sleep(nap) quite alot in the day however I guess that's what puppies do. There has been no vomiting. I'm just still worried as there is still bits of blood in a couple of his poos and he is pooing a lot a day. I rang the vets again and they said give it a couple of days see how it comes along however I have done some research and quite worried for him. I have also booked him in for his jabs on Saturday. If anyone could help or give me advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks

AmyR is offline Village Ninja Pug

Hi. Not to worry you but could you get another opinion from a different vet? I'm sure you've read all this but puppies especially so young can deteriorate rapidly! :( It doesn't sound right to me. I also thought shots should have been given by now (before they leave the breeders ideally I think) but could be wrong. Did the Vets do any other tests? I can't understand them saying leave it a couple of days with a 9week old but maybe I'm wrong.
    I hope it's a case of just him settling in or its an easy fix, whatever the problem is!!
    Angel89411 likes this.
    Amy
    ~ Will's mum and servant!
    And now mummy to puppy Charlie too! Who said pugs are addictive?! :)

Angel89411 is offline Village Admiral

I agree with Amy. I'd go for a second opinion and maybe you could try switching food in the mean time? The food may not be working well with him. Do you have grain free options?
    Momma to a zoo. We have a total of 3 dogs, 1 service dog in training, 2 cats, and 2 human children. It's one crazy life.

The key to life is "family and friends. And a good pet. For pure loyalty there is nothing like a pug." - Robin Williams

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

wasabimom is offline Village VP

I wouldn't worry about the timing of the shots. Later is better with a small breed and especially pugs. We staggered Wasabi's shots and he had nothing until after 9 weeks. I would definitely take him for a second opinion on the pooing!!! That really doesn't sound right to me.

Hello, thank you all for the replies. Much appreciated. Just went home for lunch and there wasnt any blood in his poo just a little drop on his bum. Im going to call a different vets now and see what they say

Thanks
    AmyR and Angel89411 like this.

Angel89411 is offline Village Admiral

Let us know and good luck to you and your little guy.
    Momma to a zoo. We have a total of 3 dogs, 1 service dog in training, 2 cats, and 2 human children. It's one crazy life.

The key to life is "family and friends. And a good pet. For pure loyalty there is nothing like a pug." - Robin Williams

yeah rang a different vets, they said they can book me in for a check up but they said aslong as he is eating + drinking fine and hes still active there should be no problems as he is not vomiting. Might be best to give it another couple of days see how he gets on. Got his jabs Saturday + micro chipped so im going to take a sample of his poo in aswell

Thanks for everyones help, if anyone has any more ideas or information that would be great! :)

shaynapug is online now True Village Royalty

Did they do a fecal check?? He might have coccidia?? That's an easy fix....there's meds for it. The worming pills won't help.

The breeder should NOT have released him without at least one shot and a vet check!

You are giving that little one too much space. He should be confined to a small area when you're not with him. You don't know what he's eaten......or anything! Small puppies eat EVERYTHING!!!! You will not be able to housebreak him either if you give him all that freedom while you're not with him.

IF he's not feeling well...the shot should be put off......

Seeing it being something very simple!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Hes had his panacur. My pug isnt on his own, my girlfriend is with him all day. Regards the shot, Ive booked him in on Saturday. If he isnt any better I will be taking a poo sample in with me, giving it to the vets and cancelling the jab until all sorted

Thanks
    AMC7181 likes this.

glebou is offline Village Admiral

It sounds like Coccidia to me.
    Gaye

Mom to Snafu DeLaRue, Dylan Thomcat and Thomcat Becket (Archbishop of Caterbury), the Siamese cats, (and Edgar Allen Pug, Priscilla Ann Pug, Kewpie Doll Boudreaux, Moe Jackson Pug, RooBen Lancaster Pug, Anya Pavlina Pug, Jabaar Jefferson Pug, Gertie Rose Griffon and Millicent waiting for me at the Bridge)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast