Anal Sac Rupture? HELP!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anal Sac Rupture? HELP!

kb7640 is offline Village Puppy

Default Anal Sac Rupture? HELP!

Has anyone had any experience with these? It's the middle of the night and I have no access to a vet until tomorrow (we're in Mexico).We just noticed it about half an hour ago. It looked like a giant zit next to his butt that became very noticeable from one second to the next. Tried to express it at first (never dealt with this before), and then it popped and started oozing blood and pus. We tried to clean it out and clean him up. Had some leftover pain meds and antibiotics. Anyone know what to do?

:

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Prayers that everything will be okay with your baby. Please let us know how he is and what the vet says. Poor little baby. Has to be quite uncomfortable and painful.
    Sienna's Pictures and Bio - http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1302954 I love you, baby girl!

Help Lisa (6 Beautiful Pugs) and the senior pugs at the "Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch" through their Amazon Wish List http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi.../104M0QBM5XSWW

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

You did right!!! Get him into the vet to make sure the antibitotics are the right ones. Next time....don't squeeze...tho it probably relieved the pressure!!

My Flame lived with my friend Connie. I got a call at 5PM that Flames butt was coming out!!!!! Connie lives 45 min. away...so we met in the middle. She had an abcess. It burst while I was on my way to the vet with her. They packed some meds in it and gave her oral meds....and she healed nicely. Had to be checked every month as her anal juice was thick. Given some pumpkin.......she finally thinned out and never had a problem before!
    babyroni and wasabimom like this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

MDeMots is offline Village Mayor

that sounds scary. when you have time, let us know how the treatment went but also how it came about! i'd be so scared if i saw that on my puggy.

AmberB is offline Village Admiral

Definitely get a vet check. You probably need antibiotics and sometimes, like in the case of my Pomeranian, stitches are needed. Those infections do pop up so fast!
    babyroni likes this.

babyroni is offline Village Royalty

How awful, I hope everything is ok. Those type of things scare me. Please let us know what the vet says.

sugarskullz is offline Village Adornista & SugarSkull Junkie

Any news on how he is?
    **Patrice - owned by Miss Lola Falana**

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Any update yet? Several years ago, Rugby's anal sac ruptured.....I saw it got big like a large marble--took her in to the vet & she said that is going to rupture & sent me home with antibiotics. It did rupture that evening--very painful for poor Rugby! One month later, the other one ruptured!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

kb7640 is offline Village Puppy

He's okay! The swelling went down a few days ago, and it's scabbed and almost healed. He was such a good boy! Even when it was very swollen, he acted like he barely noticed it ^_^ And I believe the other one expressed itself before it got as bad as this one. A few days before it happened, when I took him out, a bizarre greenish white mucus/pus substance came out of his butt. It's all good now! Thanks for all your help!
    Wonka & Nilla and shaynapug like this.

babyroni is offline Village Royalty

So glad to. Hear he's on the mend. Thanks for letting us know :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast