No kind words for the iliopsoas muscle
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: No kind words for the iliopsoas muscle

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

Default No kind words for the iliopsoas muscle

You're not even a real muscle, inferior join of the iliacus and psoas major, yet you persist in making our life miserable.

Now Talos may not crunch her abdomen, no running, no jumping, and I'm the bad guy enforcing this regimen.

I have nothing nice to say to you, illiopsoas. I realise you have to work hard, with her right hip being as it is. But it's cowardly of you to just give up like this! C'mon, man, where's your fighting spirit?

The dog that has you, grew you, tends you, needs you to bloody well work and work without complaint.

Two weeks of rest. I'm going to fall over! You get to lie there while I pick her up, and put her down. Pick her up, and put her down. There's nothing wrong with her mind, especially when she's adequately medicated against your complaint, but she may not move. Much. Again.

So we take out the toys (not the tugs, nor the balls, cause you clearly hate fun, you muscle of doom) and we break out the chews of every possible origin. Keeping her busy while you sit there and heal will hopefully discourage your injurious zeal!

I did what I could to make it better today. I had you poked with tiny needles to make you relax and give us some reprieve. She feels better, that much is obvious... for now.

But really? If she wants to vault on to the table running at well over top speed with a graceful arch that makes larger dogs blush at their lack of ability, you should suck it up and let her.

If I could tell you "bad muscle" and send you to the corner, I would. If I could coax the rest of her into working better, I would. But either is as likely as the other, which is not very.

You are a disappointment, iliopsoas, of the highest order. No, I have no kind words for you.

Last edited by Nina_W; 12-01-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

Sorry to hear this, Nina. Your little athlete's spirit is willing, I bet, but when the flesh needs a rest...

Though my grumble are far from track stars, I share your frustration at limiting activity. Talos does not look pleased (I do see a bit of Grumpy Cat coming out now LOL!).

He's not on crate rest, but Chainsaw is now on his second month of no walks—I'm trying to taper him off the prednisone to see if he can manage without it, and even a quarter-block walk gets him breathing too hard now. And he's gained a pound already, so this week he's down to only 1/4 cup 2 x daily—which makes him frantic with hunger. Our poor babies! Hang in.
    Last edited by Loconn55; 12-01-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Poor baby! Poor you!

Seeing a good healing!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Ugh. Boo, hiss to the iliopsoas.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

sugarskullz is offline Village Adornista & SugarSkull Junkie

I feel for ya Talos. Right now I am injured and suffering with an intercostal muscle tear. Basically it feels like my ribs are broken. Can't do anything without wincing and or yelping out loud in pain. Dr has me on the narcotic Tramadol for the pain. Doesn't help terribly much and can only be on it for a short time as it's very addictive. Physiotherapy can hep, but not a 100 bucks a pop.
    Told me to take it easy for the next 4-6 weeks, ya right!!!! I haven't been able to vacumm for about a week now and it doesn't look like I will be anytime soon. My house is filled with pug fur!!! I can't stand it but Hubby can't vacuum either as it exhausts him too much.
    I can't afford the time off work but have informed them of the injury and hopefully I won't be called on for stock duty and can just do cash.
    Last edited by sugarskullz; 12-01-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    **Patrice - owned by Miss Lola Falana**

Quote Originally Posted by sugarskullz View Post
    I feel for ya Talos. Right now I am injured and suffering with an intercostal muscle tear. Basically it feels like my ribs are broken. Can't do anything without wincing and or yelping out loud in pain. Dr has me on the narcotic Tramadol for the pain. Doesn't help terribly much and can only be on it for a short time as it's very addictive. Physiotherapy can hep, but not a 100 bucks a pop.
    Told me to take it easy for the next 4-6 weeks, ya right!!!! I haven't been able to vacumm for about a week now and it doesn't look like I will be anytime soon. My house is filled with pug fur!!! I can't stand it but Hubby can't vacuum either as it exhausts him too much.
    I can't afford the time off work but have informed them of the injury and hopefully I won't be called on for stock duty and can just do cash.
    Talos here, do you have a human to pick you up? I find it helps, especially if you tuck your forehead against their breastplate and sigh deeply. Also, make them bring you ice packs and hot packs. Make them apply them too! The real secret is to get better, mind. You can't adequately rule your household if you're feeling off :(

(Feel better soon, Patrice!)

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Oh, poor Talos! Prayers for quick healing.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Poor Talos! Feel better soon little one.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

I am sorry, poor Talos, she is such a sweetie. I mailed you card today, let me know when it arrives. Hopefully it will arrive quickly.
    Nina_W likes this.
    Susan, mom to Bo, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

I'll let you know, Susan :)

Thanks everyone. The acupuncture yesterday helped a lot with pain, and we're getting good at this 'pug on rest' shindig, so it will be ok. This is a sucky injury, because it is nearly guaranteed to recur.

It feels like a losing battle, keeping Talos pain free and active. In some ways it is, but we'll keep on trying. One stupid misstep and we're knocked back. It was going so well, too.

no dance practice either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast