+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Wonka & Nilla
  • 1 Post By CountryPug
  • 1 Post By ODemPugz

Thread: Post lux pat surgery question

ODemPugz is offline Village VP

Default Post lux pat surgery question

So peekers had her third physio today and he was concerned about some clicking. Surgeon did some X-rays and the knee cap is in proper position so that's good but he sutured the bone in place to keep the leg and foot properly positioned. He said that it's nothing to be too concerned about but had hoped she was walking better than she is. We will continue with physio and if there is no improvement in mobility, he will remove this suture (it is meant to break eventually). Any experience from anyone would be sooo appreciated...please...worried mother bear here!

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I have no advice to offer, but I've been following Peekers journey and am sending her a hug and some best wishes for speedy healing.
    shaynapug likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Brittany Wrangler

I don't know how long it's been since she had her surgery, but when my boston terrier Roxy had her patella done, it did take awhile before she really started using it normally all the time. She was completely lame on it before surgery and I'm sure her muscles were not as strong on that leg and she had to get used to using it again. Once the vet gave the okay, he wanted me to start taking her for slow walks on a leash only. When she was finally allowed to run, she would hold the leg up in the beginning, which really had me worried. It did take longer than expected, but she eventually regained full use of that leg and could run and jump on it with no problems. I think it was several months before we got to that point. I don't know if this helps you at all, but thought I would share my experience with you. Hoping and praying that Peekers will regain full use of her knee!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Christa, Mom to Toby, Kelsey, Summer & Ellie Mae

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

ODemPugz is offline Village VP

Thanks folks! christa...it's been a month to the day now. Thanks for sharing your experience as it has lightened my load some. I'm sure she'll come around in her own time...patience is what I need I guess!
    CountryPug likes this.

+ Reply to Thread