Stenotic Nares and ESP Surgery - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Stenotic Nares and ESP Surgery

ODemPugz is offline Village VP

Oh no! As I'm (thankfully) not familiar with the condition as a whole...is there anything they can do? So sorry for your bad news and sending prayers of healing and hope your way. Keep us posted please.

McSnorey is offline New to the Village

Well it's all a bit confusing. The surgeon said there is nothing that can be done either medically or surgically but I've seen conflicting reports on the web. When he called us he said stage 2, when we went to collect Phil we asked if it was very bad, he said no and that it shouldn't affect his health too much. When we got home and translated the medical report (we are in Switzerland and don't speak very good German but the surgeons English was very good) the report says stage 3 and the prognosis is poor so know I don't know what to believe or what can be done. I fell like his breathing is worse but that's probably because he is recovering from the surgery and will have some inflammation as they removed Sacules from his larynx when working on his soft palate. Such a shame for him as he is only just 1 and he is such a cheery character.

CountryPug is offline Village Pug Pony & Brittany Wrangler

That is the same complication my girl had after soft palate, saccule, nares surgery, only her's was much worse than Phil's. It's a good sign that he was able to go home soon and is breathing without a trach tube! Hopefully his breathing will improve once the swelling goes down and he heals up. Keep him as calm and quiet as you can during the healing process. There is a tie back procedure and laryngeal collapse, but I don't recommend it. If he still has issues after the healing process, it can probably be managed with medicines. There are a couple pv members here that can probably help you with that. Sending a little prayer for your boy!

Christa, Mom to Toby, Kelsey, Summer & Ellie Mae

missing Riley and Roxy, who are at the bridge
    and my precious Bella 11-2-07 - 05-6-12

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I hope your little guy will be fine once he recovers from his surgery! Sending along lots of hugs, prayers, & positive thoughts! Please keep us posted on how he is doing!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Lotus is offline New to the Village

Hello,

My pug just had the surgery and now there are two pink spots on her nose where the stitches were. The vet said the black pigment may come back it may not. Does anyone have any experience with this? I just hope I did the right thing by letting the vet widen her nostrils and now possibly having a pug with two big pink spots on her nose.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12