• 1 Post By Snifter
  • 1 Post By JoanneN
  • 1 Post By LilyFayre
  • 1 Post By babyOtis08

Thread: Pug Harness - Which one to buy

Pugresearch1 is offline New to the Village

Default Pug Harness - Which one to buy

Hi there,

I've recently thought of moving my pug (James) off his collar and onto a harness as I was recently educated that collars are bad for them.

I was wondering if anyone could help point me in the direction of a good harness and also what you think is best in a good harness.

Many thanks,

Piers

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

I really like the julius K9 harnesses for all terrain running amok. The puppia ones are nice and soft and come in an incredible variety. I also like H-style harnesses like the ones made by Rogs (there are better brands, they just escape me at the moment).

Then, there are spectacular leather harnesses made by a company called 'hunter' that are simply gorgeous.

AmyR is offline Village Ninja Pug

My favourites are puppia and Rogz (pretty much what Nina said!) I didn't get on with the Julius K9 but they are top quality harnesses (at least I think they are supposed to be) :)
    babyOtis08 likes this.
    Amy
    ~ Will's mum and servant!
    And now mummy to puppy Charlie too! Who said pugs are addictive?! :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sure-Fit-Har.../dp/B00PGP3A92

Premier 5 Way Adjustable. I absolutely love them. Hard to come by in the UK but worth looking for. Not particularly beautiful but durable, practical and strong enough to use as a car harness.
    Nina_W likes this.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

JoanneN is offline Village Governor

I love the Lupine Products. They are the only harness my criminals can't get out of. And they come in all sorts of designs.... :) We have a closet full. And if they are every chewed or anything they replace them FOR FREE! I have replaced several and it is so easy!

www.lupinepet.com
    Nina_W likes this.
    Joanne
    Mom to Goliath and Penny.
    Dora and Brutus are waiting for us at the bridge.

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

The main problem with harnesses are getting the right one to fit your specific dog shape! Why not take him along to a large pet store and try some on for fit? The other thing to be slightly wary of is if your puggy has a tendency to shoot backwards if something alarms him since some harnesses can slip right off over their heads if the dog struggles and puts his front legs forwards as he pulls back. I don't know that any harness is 100% escape proof but some fit better and give you a chance to slacken the lead and quickly grab your dog. The main problem I have with mine at the moment is that she is in between sizes - they're either so tight I can hardly get it on or the next size up adjusted to its smallest size is still slightly too big and she'd easily get out of it if something scared her :(
    Nina_W likes this.

babyOtis08 is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by AmyR View Post
    My favourites are puppia and Rogz (pretty much what Nina said!) I didn't get on with the Julius K9 but they are top quality harnesses (at least I think they are supposed to be) :)
    Second on the Puppia. I have one in red, and get lots of compliments. It slips right on and off.
    AmyR likes this.

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

I nearly forgot - check out the ruff wear dog harnesses. They are functional, sturdy, padded in all the right places and I find them quite pretty.

Chai's Choice harnesses are another great option, limited colours and sizes, though - they are slightly too big for my bitty pups, but the XS should fit most pugs just right, and front clip for training not to pull!

+ Reply to Thread