• 3 Post By Snifter
  • 1 Post By LilyFayre
  • 2 Post By Pug Auntie
  • 2 Post By shaynapug
  • 2 Post By Nelsonlepug

Thread: Diahrea and vomit :(

Nelsonlepug is offline New to the Village

Unhappy Diahrea and vomit :(

My pug is 6 months old , we just mooved, he never had any accident in his crate but it happened two time that we woke up and there was poop all over hi crate. Yesterday he vomited once when I got him out in the morning, when i came back in the afternoon he had poop in his crate , his feeces were all covered in sort of a mucus kind off. Anyway, Im very worried about that. When he goes outside he has a hard time and his poop is really not consistant. I gave him smaller portion and I was wondering if I should change his food or something. Has this ever happen to you? Thanks

Fanny and nelson

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

Yes, it's actually very typical for something like this to happen after a move - new water, stress, and maybe new food? Also new bacteria that he isn't used to in the new place.

Is he drinking and eating?

You can definitely switch him to bland food - boiled chicken and rice - for a little while until the tummy is better.

If he's not drinking, or if it continues for another day, get him to the vet. They dehydrate quickly.
    scooterpug77 likes this.

Red face

Luckily he is drinking and eating with appetite :) I definitly will try you boiled chicken and rice until he gets better.. Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Nina_W View Post
    Yes, it's actually very typical for something like this to happen after a move - new water, stress, and maybe new food? Also new bacteria that he isn't used to in the new place.

Is he drinking and eating?

You can definitely switch him to bland food - boiled chicken and rice - for a little while until the tummy is better.

If he's not drinking, or if it continues for another day, get him to the vet. They dehydrate quickly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

He's got a tummy bug by the sound of it. Mucus is produced when the gut is irritated.

Standard treatment is to give no food whatsoever for 12-24 hours and then to introduce bland meals (chicken or white fish and rice) in SMALL portions, fed frequently throughout the day. So long as he stops vomiting and can keep water down then you can, over the next couple of days gradually increase the portions and reduce the frequency of the bland meals. If this goes well and the poops start to firm up then you can start adding some of the regular food to the bland food and transition him back to a normal diet over the next couple of days.

As has been said this could well have been triggered by the stress of the move, but equally it could be a bug. Most of these bugs clear up without too much incident. If he shows any other symptoms (lethargy, inability to keep water down, lack of appetite, continued vomiting) then get him to the vet for a once over.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Just to add to the very good advice already given, it's also worth checking when you last wormed him as this can also cause vomiting and mucous covered stools.

Hope he's better soon!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Pug Auntie is offline Village Admiral

When one of my boys did this we took him to the vet. He got a shot to calm his tummy down and Forti Flora probiotic powder to put on his food. I'm not a fan of Forti Flora because it has all this extra junk in it but had to use it. Later I found a better one with no animal digest or by products in it. Vet said that they need Enterococcus faecium bacteria so if you look for a better one make sure this is in it. We fed boiled chicken breast & rice for a few days too.
    Hope he feels better soon.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Nina_W like this.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I'd get him checked! Classic signs of coccidia!!! Easily remedied with meds.

If it's just an upset stomach.....will get a shot to calm him down...might be the move!

He's too young to play around with. I had one that had a bit of mucus in his stool.......which I didn't think anything of...as he was eating and playing! Then all of a sudden at 12 AM he puked!
    Puked 3 times during the night.......and started to shake. By 7AM he was dehydrated when I got him to the vet. By 11:30 he shot out bloody runs....... They had me scared to death! Parvo...then pancreatitis then at 4 finally got enough of a sample to say it was coccidia. He'd been on fluids all day...and they started him on meds. When I picked him up the next morning... (I was teaching then and had half day of school)...He walked out like he'd never been sick at all!!!!
    Last edited by shaynapug; 12-19-2015 at 06:52 PM.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Thanks a lot for the advices, I gavehim boiled meat and rice and he seems better, he drinks well and is energetic , he didnt vomit till yesterday morning but his poop are still not firm.

:)

I will definitly tell my vet when I see him

+ Reply to Thread