Shipping/Flying with Pugs
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Snifter

Thread: Shipping/Flying with Pugs

JackPugLife is offline New to the Village

Default Shipping/Flying with Pugs

Hi there,

I currently own a 3.5 year old pug and live in Vancouver BC. I am at loss and trying to find whatever information I can. I am moving to Switzerland to live with my fiance and trying to find a way to bring my Pug with me. Currently I am having quite a hard time finding an airline that will permit him. As a short faced breed the airlines do not permit Pugs in cargo (which, I would not want him down there regardless) and he currently weighs a few pounds over the max weight limit for inside the plane with me. He is a fit and thin Pug, and really does not have much weight he could lose. The airlines all say they are FIRM on weight limits and he would not be allowed.

Has anyone ever shipped Pugs overseas or internationally? Any information you can forward would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your time.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

If you can afford it, get yourself to New York and sail transatlantic on Queen Mary II. They have kenneling arrangements. It is then easy enough to take the dog onwards to mainland Europe. However you would have to make sure of the pet passport regulations in the US, UK and mainland Europe as you would be passing through all of them.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

+ Reply to Thread