My pug had surgery on Friday morning for her stetonic nares. She came home yesterday sleepy but I noticed better breathing already. This evening we noticed that one of the nostrils had a lot of thick discharge. It is now preventing her from breathing on that side. Our vet is not open on Sunday. Does anyone have any suggestion for removing the discharge so there is at least a clear breathing pathway until we can get her to the vet on Monday morning? My pug hates anything near her face so even getting close enough to help wipe her nose is a challenge.
Lien Animal Clinic - West Seattle
I have no experience but here's a link I found - see second para. Looks like you might want to consider at least calling an emergency vet if she won't let you clean the area. My worry would be that the other nostril blocks up, perhaps during the night.
Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!
Have you tried calling your vet's number anyway? My vet is closed on weekends, but if there is an emergency, I can just call her number & it forwards to her house. I can leave a message and then she calls me back asap. Good luck, hope your little girl will be o.k! Please keep us posted!
Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!
Molly DOB: 7/6/04
You can try calling...or go to ER. A thick discharge might mean infection...and that should not wait!
Seeing all being okay!
Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee