Another mast cell, one week after last surgery - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Another mast cell, one week after last surgery

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

I'm so sorry you and Oliver are going through this. Sending some positive puggie vibes your way and best wishes for Oliver's speedy healing.
    jennpants likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

Great news about the low index — hoping the topical oil will help shrink the remaining lesion. Paws xed for your sweet Oliver.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and jennpants like this.
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Relief on the low grade...whew! Hoping for no more of these!
    jennpants likes this.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

jennpants is offline Village Puppy

Thanks so much for the well wishes and prayers! Oliver has been doing well. We have had a lot of house guests and we took a short trip to Montreal with my parents so he got to be a tough city pug for a few days.

We saw the oncologist and decided to surgically remove the new MCT on his head, that is scheduled for Thursday with a board certified surgeon instead of his normal vet (who did the other surgeries). We tested 3 of his lymph nodes and they were free of mast cells so we did not do the ultrasound or chest x-rays per the doctor's recommendation.

I have been putting the cannabis coconut oil on his head bump three times a day and giving him an oral dose once per day. When I first noticed the head bump, I only felt a single, small bump (it did grow a bit from getting aspirated), after I applied the oil I noticed the whole area turned red and oozy but the main bump did not change much. Then his head got crusty and his skin looked black instead of red but I felt a second bump an inch or so away from the original bump, they aspirated that one and found one mast cell in it but it is pretty much flat now. After they aspirated that bump and shaved his head, I noticed another little bump behind the 2nd bump, so I started putting oil on that (I hope that is the right choice here!) and it is red and leaking. I hope the oil is helping take the inflammation down and reducing the mast cells but I am not sure what is going on there. I will post after his surgery Thursday. Thanks again!

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

I'm sorry you're dealing with this! My Junior would sprout MCTs like weeds. After the first couple surgeries his vet started removing them with a laser. It's less invasive, easier, safer and cheaper. Ask your vet about laser removal.....I can see this is starting to become a habit. The Good news is they are low grade!

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire, born 3/15/06
    and my 4 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

I did ask around about a laser and I couldn't find anywhere around here that does that for MCTs. Thank you for the suggestions! I will ask this surgeon about it on Thursday. They also don't do radiation at all in the state so we would need to go 3-4 hours away if that is necessary.
    puglover22 likes this.

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Maybe adding some of the meds mentioned in this post will help keep those gone...
    https://www.pugvillage.com/forum/pug-...ml#post2793314
    jennpants likes this.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

Thank you for the suggestion, we have been on those meds since January when he had the foot MCT. So unfortunately, it did not stop the others from appearing but hopefully keeps any histamine symptoms at bay.
    puglover22 likes this.

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

Sometimes the oil will make an abscess, for example, swell more and eventually burst, releasing the pus and infection, then dries up pretty quickly. This happened with my Chummy's ongoing issues with paw-pad mast cell tumors, which would swell and get red, then dry up for weeks before reappearing. Have you checked into diet; there is an anti-mast cell diet listed in the Cannabis Oil for Pets group on Facebook. Lots of informed people there, willing to share info. If you're on Facebook, it'd be worth joining.

Hoping for good results tomorrow! I'm awaiting Chainsaw's chest x-ray and bloodwork results; he had two mast cell tumors removed a week ago with clear margins and low mitotic indices, but they were the only ones biopsied out of 12 bumps removed, one of which looked similar and was probably mast, so I'm extra cautious. Hate these things!
    jennpants likes this.
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

I did join two of the cannabis oil pet groups on Facebook but I did not see the dietary information. I am feeding Oliver an allergy friendly diet that is low in histamines now and I stopped his dental powder which was high in histamines as well. Hoping Chainsaw has perfect test results.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast