Teeth Extractions
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teeth Extractions

bubblegum11369 is offline New to the Village

Question Teeth Extractions

Hello,

I have my baby right now at the vet for a dental cleaning and the vet informed me that they need to extract 14 teeth. He has over crowding, an extra tooth, abscess teeth, etc.
    He is 4years old, so I was wondering if this was normal for puggies. My other 5year old pug got dental cleaning and didn't have any teeth removed so I was shocked when the vet told me they would have to remove 14 from my baby.
    Any advice/experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mom to Lucy is offline Village Admiral

Yikes! 14 is a lot of teeth to remove, in my opinion.
    That said, the last time Lucy had a dental (in March) they pulled nine teeth, and wanted to pull several more to which I said no.
    I would recommend that they pull the worst offenders first, and sort out the rest later.
    But, if your wallet can absorb the cost of 14 extractions, they will be fine. A little sore, for sure. But, they'll survive.
    Christine
    Servant to Lucy the pug, wrangler of Bunny the crazy EP, mom to one human child, wife to a wonderful hubby, and entertained by a tank full of fishies.
    Forever missing our Bugsy Francis - 04/13/05 - 05/24/17.
    https://pugspancakes.blogspot.com/

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

My male pug had 4 pulled yesterday, but over the years he has lost more. He only has 18 teeth left now and does just fine. He is home and recouping with yummy soft food and tramadol for the pain. If there are issues with the teeth I would have them removed. Bad teeth can turn into a lot worse, like infection which can cause problems with organs. Best of luck to your little guy.
    Pug Mom to Roxie
    Zoey (March 27, 2005 - February 23, 2015) and Eddie (October 2, 2010 - September 10, 2019) have moved on to the bridge

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

bubblegum11369 is offline New to the Village

Thank you guys for replying!

+ Reply to Thread