Pug seizure?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Suri

Thread: Pug seizure?

Elizfit50 is offline New to the Village

Default Pug seizure?

My little pug Bama tummy was trembling and she seemed disoriented. One of her rear legs was cramped up and body was warm to touch. She was lethargic and would only stay in bed. She is 3 years old, her right eye was scratched when a puppy by her brother, she can't see cant see will out of that eye. My toughtd were she fell or ate a chocolate vine but I don't think it was either. She has been to the vet and all bloodwork came back normal. I wasn't able to get it on video.
    Thank you for any of your answers

We also have an 6 year old male pug

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

I am sorry your pug had a seizure. First record everything in a diary, date time, what the episode was like how long it last, how she acted before and after, what she ate etc. Hopefully she will not have another, if she has more than 1 seizure in a month the vet will prescribe meds, and there are a lot of meds on the market now. My pug started having seizures at the end of feb, she is 10, we are on meds and are working on getting the dosage right to control the seizure.
    I hope your pug doesn't have any more seizure.
    shaynapug and SiennasMommy like this.
    Susan, mom to Scruffy, Bo and Maggie Mae

Honoring Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

Young Angus is offline New to the Village

One of our pugs used to have seizures, at first we got the biggest fright when we woke up one night and he was stiff in bed and had pooped as well...I freaked out and screamed and woke my wife up and feared the worst. Then he just got up and started running around like nothing was wrong, god what a scare! We learnt after that it could have been a seizure and then we saw a couple more (always in the middle of the night with him, he would gag and cough and we'd wake up and he'd be stiff) and then we got meds prescribed (phenobarb) and eventually we got the dosage right and touch wood we haven't seen a seizure in a couple of years since getting the dose right.

The poor boy just recently developed a sudden case of spine issues which we are praying get resolved and get better very soon, hence why I joined up to this forum just recently, but the seizures just need to be tended to and if they are dealt with properly and the proper care taken with your pug when you see them then it can be controlled and hopefully doesn't present any more problems.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

MBM09 is offline Village Mayor

I've had experience with seizures as well. Do everything Suri said when/IF it happens again.

+ Reply to Thread