Pug weeing inside for attention.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By puglover22

Thread: Pug weeing inside for attention.

Neothepug is offline New to the Village

Default Pug weeing inside for attention.

Hello PugVillage, my pug puppy Neo decides to go toilet inside the house by weeing on the wall when the pack leader of our human pack leaves.Whenever she goes upstairs to do whatever she needs to do he wees inside.We try to prevent it by using those sprays and by keeping a close on eye in him, but still he manages to do it.
    However he does not wee inside when other people leave him and go upstairs and he just sits and waits quietly until we come back.But with the pack leader he bangs and scratch's at the baby gate and he whines and wees on the walls purely for attention so she comes down.We have tried staying longer upstairs to show it doesn't work if he wee's everywhere but he just does more and more.
    He also becomes sad when the pack leader goes upstairs and even when other people are Downstairs to supervise and stay with him, he will sit there and sulk or go sleep and lie down..
    Any help will be appreciated.Thanks!
    How do we fix this problem?
    This is the major thing that is stopping him from becoming fully toilet trained.
    The pack leader now has to be with neo constantly to avoid the hastle of him whining and crying and weeing.

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

take Neo out right before your pack leader leaves.....
    personally I don't believe animals do this for attention.....
    maybe also get Neo checked for a urinary tract infection
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire, born 3/15/06
    and my 4 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

+ Reply to Thread