Pug swallowed a whole bone!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pug swallowed a whole bone!

TheNoblePugtart is offline New to the Village

Default Pug swallowed a whole bone!

Hey there everyone, I'm a long-time lurker and a first time poster. My 6 month pug Yoda who is about 15-17lbs managed to swallow a whole pork rib bone that was dropped while taking out compost. It was there one moment and gone the next. While some of the bones were in fact very very rubbery (Almost cartilidge) I am unsure if this one was harder or softer. It's been about an hour since and I've spoken to the vet who has said, give bread and monitor.

My other Pup a mini Dachshund (3yrs), is no stranger to finding her way into things and being very lucky. However this is a pug who I feel is inherently fragile. He doesn't show signs of discomfort, he has been wagging his tail and looking up at me and playing and being a general goof I've tried to keep him from being too active because I am worried. If he doesnt pass the bone or shows sign of discomfort I intend to go in for an X-Ray. This pug comes from a reputable breeder but has personally had some health issues, he when he was younger had seizures from anxiety and thankfully him and I have overcome a lot together. PDE still terrifies me but he's a joy in my life that I truly need.

If possible please keep my lil Yoda bug in your thoughts. I really love this little guy and I suppose you guys are just the only place to talk about it.
    shaynapug and enferciel like this.

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Prayers for Yoda to be fine.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Hi!

What a worry! Really hoping that Yoda is ok

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Hi & I'm glad you've finally joined us! These little Puggers will try anything when it comes to food......I would do what you are doing & just keep an eye out for any signs of distress, vomiting, etc. I guess if it were me, since it is Friday, I'd probably figure out what my plan would be if my Pug developed trouble over the weekend--do you have an ER vet nearby? Or will your vet take weekend calls? My vet's office phone rings to her home during her off hours, & I can always leave a message, & she will promptly call me back. (Or I can just text her now!).

Just about a week ago, I went to give Lab Molly 1/2 of one of her 100 mg Galliprant tablets, & of course, I dropped it, & OF COURSE, Heidi was right there to snatch it up.....I went into panic mode, & gave her 1 Tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide in some chicken broth to make her throw up. Guess I didn't give her enough because it didn't work, so started to call my vet, then hung up because I thought "Oh, I don't want to bother her at home!" I forgot about caller ID....then I thought, well, I'll text her & then she can reply when she sees it....so I started typing a text, but halfway through, accidentally hit "send." So it was only part of a message, so I started over trying to type this whole big long story......Right in the middle of it, my vet called me, laughing, I'm sure she must think I'm nuts.....she is used to me by now! She said Heidi would most likely be fine, even though she had gotten more than what a dose would be for a Pug, since it was a one-time thing it likely wouldn't hurt her. She was right!

I hope little Yoda will be fine, too! Please keep us posted! And when you get time, we LOVE pictures!
    Wonka & Nilla and shaynapug like this.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Wonka & Nilla is online now Village Dancing Jitterpug

Hoping that little Yoda will be ok. Fingers, paws and claws are crossed for it to dissolve and pass just fine.

In the meantime, I think Rugbysmom's suggestions of thinking through the "what if's" and finding out where the nearest emergency vet is, just in case, is a good plan.
    shaynapug and Rugbysmom like this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Just wondering how Yoda is?
    shaynapug likes this.

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Looking for an update, too.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

TheNoblePugtart is offline New to the Village

Hey everyone! Update! Yoda has been eating and pooing quite normally he's seeming his usually goofy self.

My Vet is actually a friend of the family who has helped our pups since I was a kid so thankfully weekend calls havent been an issue in the past, however I am about 35 minutes away from a great ER vet!

I've check his droppings for any sign of bone but it just seems to be the usual kibble fare.

I will keep you all updated but for now Yoda remains one with the force. :)

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Great news so far!!!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

So glad to hear that he's ok! :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast